Oralistat - any experiences

Options
Have been prescribed orlistat today has anybody used this before and anything to be aware of ???

Replies

• Caroline25togo
    Options
    I've used it, still do when I'm going to eat something I probably shouldn't.

I only take it if I'm eating out, fried foods etc.

I've found that its certainly good for high fat meals. I try to avoid them but I'm not giving up every last food I love. If you eat a salad, low fat chicken and veggies, or foods similar, you don't need it. If you're going to eat a cheeseburger, take it.

If you take it with a low fat meal or even an extreme high fat meal, you will feel like you've take a laxative overdose. Not good!
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    oh my goodness. runny bottom syndrome. if you've ever read through the package insert for alli, it has all sorts of warnings to not wear light colored pants, extreme urges to use the bathroom etc etc.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Oily farts.. Basically forces you to not eat fatty foods by making you *kitten* when you do..

If you need something to force your hand.. I guess it could be good. My diet however is 55% fat.... and I like it that way.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i was given orlistat once and i vowed never to have it again!! it gave me awful stomach cramps adn was not a pretty picture. granted i suffer with ibs as well so it aggravtted it. you may have a different experience but i hate it!!