Low cal hang over cures

Options
Does anybody know any healthy or low calorie hangover cures or anything that helps. Please don't say dont drink. Thanks :)

Replies

• KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fruit and low fat yoghurt is definitely effective. An dobviously drink plenty of water.
  • mscott123
    Options
    Lean pocket & diet pepsi: )
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, coffee, a multivitamin... IDK I dont really get hangovers as I dont drink much anymore but I would say screw cals, do what makes you feel better and make up for it later
  • cctc21np
    cctc21np Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always go with a banana, a piece of wheat toast, two aspirin a diet coke and gallons of water! Not a cure but it start the recovery process for me ;)

I'm anxious to see other suggestions
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    speaking from expierience, anything acidic...oj or cranberry juice....works magic
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Diet coke, for the upset belly, then LOTS of water. MORE SLEEP!!!:drinker: lol
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I always go with a banana, a piece of wheat toast, two aspirin a diet coke and gallons of water! Not a cure but it start the recovery process for me ;)

I'm anxious to see other suggestions

This is similar to my "cure" banana and diet coke are a must but I'd usually have bacon or egg on that toast (sometimes both!). Poached egg or grilled lean bacon isnt too bad and makes me feel like I've had the "fry up" thats required :bigsmile:

If I want a whole cooked breakfast I'll do one slice wholemeal toast, half tin chopped tomatoes, grilled lean bacon, poached egg and mushrooms fried in spray oil. Does the trick quite often for not as many cals as your usual breakfast! xx
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    bloody mary! (seriously) Hope you had fun! for prevention, drink lots of water on party day.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bevvies: Diet Coke; coffee; OJ.

Munch: TOOOOAST. Toast with peanut butter; Marmite; poached eggs...not exactly the lowest calorie items in the world, but certainly better than my historic choices (largely a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal!).
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bloody mary! (seriously) Hope you had fun! for prevention, drink lots of water on party day.

This ...along with scrambled egg fried in light olive oil with a little ham and cheese dumped on a piece of sara lee 45 cal wheat bread no butter.....also I take a potassium pill as when we drink anything really and go potty a lot we dump a lot of potassium but water lots of water prior to going out helps alot or having an ice water in between drinks helps too.....or for the beer drinkers try adding ice to your beer :)
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    The only two cures to hangovers are hydration and, more importantly, time.

That said, a Pedialyte before you go to bed and first thing when you wake up seems to help hydrate. Also, coconut water is great for hydration and loaded with potassium.
    -wtk
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    egg white and tomato scramble on low cal bread - just cut fresh tomatos up into smalish pieces and add to scramble obvi lol - its so yummy and low cal! :)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Gatorade... Not that low in calories but it definitely helps.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    A glass of fresh orange juice, one huge glass of water with poached egg and toast.

Or get some paracetamol with caffeine. They definitely do the trick!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Water, Alka-Seltzer, a few hours of sleep.
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    Berocca (or any other soluble multi-vitamin) before bed to head it off at the pass. I also try and have a bit of honey on toast before bed too.

I never try to sleep when the room is spinning etc... it is a disaster in the morning!!

I used to have shocking hangovers but (touch wood) I've not had a bad one in a few years. HTH :drinker: