Cheating on the Row the World game

Options
LeeKetty1176
LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
Right.

First thing is first, it takes ages to get a game like this set up and admin..... about 2 hours a day, which is fine and it is done because I want to and I doing it willingly.

It has come to my attention that a team or teams (I am getting more information now) seeM to think it is ok to wear a HRM all day while doing day to day stuff and log in stupid miles.

THIS IS NOT THE POINT OR IN THE RULES!!!!!

I have two people that have sort permission to log stuff like that only because of limitations

I am careful to call this a "challange" and not a "race" to aviod the frankly stuipd need to win at anything and everything. I accept that teams will want to get round the game first and that if fine, but do not do it by breaking the rules.

I have always tried to keep my games rule free, fun and light, and im ashamed that it would seem that some of our "friends" seem to want to win at all cost.

If you are reading this and have made a mistake, I accept that you will stop and play within the rules.

If you are reading this and frankly wish to carry on with the rule breaking I suggest you PM me so we can have a private chat about it.

We can only play this game on trust, so skippers, if someone in your team is logged crazy burns, its up to you to check it!

IF YOU CANT PLAY WITHIN THE RULES I SUGGEST YOU BUGGER OFF FROM MY GAME AND GO TO FRANCE WHERE THE REST OF CHEATTING GITS ARE.

I HAVE NOT GOT THE DETAILS OF WHICH TEAMS ARE DOING THIS, SO LETS ALL TAKE THIS AS A SHOT OVER THE BOW (PUN INTENDED)

skippers please bump this or something to make sure your teams see it.

Replies

• almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How frustrating this must be for you Lee. I am confident in reporting that the Screaming Barnacles are busting their humps to get their legitimate burns, and although we are not out in front, we are trucking right along. Thank you Lee for doing this challenge because it has allowed us to shed some pounds and make some friends in a friendly environment.

Hopefully your shout out will get everyone on track.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Lee. I hope those involved show some sportsmanship and clean up their act, because what they are doing isn't fair on those of us who are working hard on getting a lot of exercise in every day.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I bumped this thread with out a heart rate monitor.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That's seriously lame. I mean, who cheats at a game that doesn't even earn you bragging rights? The winners in the row the world game are the people who stay motivated through out to do their best, not the ones who win by being *kitten* hats. I am sort of hoping that if anyone is cheating at the row the world game they do us all the great service of running crotch first into a light post to save the rest of us the effort it would take to kick them in the junk (although I bet that would be a bonus 5 calories burned for each of us, wouldn't it).
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I bumped this thread with out a heart rate monitor.

Good job!

Sorry to hear this Lee! What a shame that people think it's that important to cheat.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It's your own fault for letting Thiery Henry and a few others off the French football team to enter. :grumble:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that Stephen Kiprotich isn't taking part in this game? :(
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I'm gobsmacked?!? Why would anybody feel the need to cheat?!

Whoever has done this, should adjust their calorie burns accordingly...where's the glory in winning if you've cheated?!?!

Well done to the rest of the teams and fellow ship mates that have worked hard for your calorie burns! :O)

Hope everyone is feeling the benefits and reaping the rewards!

Lee - Thank you soooo much for all your hard work and efforts!
  • shezlar1
    shezlar1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hey Lee

I would like to extend my gratitude to you.

Your RTW challenge is epic and I along with Chips Ahoy very much appreciate the effort you have put in.

It has done exactly what I wanted it to and it hs certanly increased my desire to exercise.

Im sorry that some peoples commitment has meant you have had to question your 'friends' but please do be assure that 99.9% of us really do apprciate what you put in and all encourage each other even if we are not in the same team.

we <3 you xxxx
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hey Lee

Your RTW challenge is epic and I along with Chips Ahoy very much appreciate the effort you have put in.

It has done exactly what I wanted it to and it hs certanly increased my desire to exercise.

Im sorry that some peoples commitment has meant you have had to question your 'friends' but please do be assure that 99.9% of us really do apprciate what you put in and all encourage each other even if we are not in the same team.

we <3 you xxxx

What Shez said and yes we do ;o) xx
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    * Nods head in agreement with all these wise people who have posted above me

I can safely say hand on heart that none of the Guppies are cheating, we're working really hard for our calorie burns, battling through injuries and and we're still way behind most of the pack :ohwell:

Thanks for all the effort you put in administering this challenge :flowerforyou:
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Whoever has done this, should adjust their calorie burns accordingly...where's the glory in winning if you've cheated?!?!

Agreed!
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    hey Lee

we <3 you xxxx

Couldn't agree with Shezlar More! Thank you soooo much for all your efforts and hard work! Me, shezlar and Nannynet have never exercised so much and so hard, and a big portion of that is attributed to you and your challenge! Thanks again x
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I took a short cut through the Panama Canal - sos
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    :grumble: That really is lame.

This point is to challenge everyone to work out, to be healthy, to have fun.

What is the point of cheating?

Sorry you have to deal with that but thank you for organizing the game... us people who play it fair have fun and are kicking through our goals.
  • I washed dishes last night and had my HRM on. I logged those calories as exercise calories.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,831 Member
    Options
    I've coped and pasted this to our thread! Lee, you've worked really hard putting this together thank you for that! I DON'T understanding why someone would do this it hurts EVERYONE whos involved! How very sad! This challenge rocks!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for organizing this again, Lee. I can't imagine why anyone would cheat in a game meant to motivate you to get out there more and exercise. *shakes head*

Keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    IF YOU CANT PLAY WITHIN THE RULES I SUGGEST YOU BUGGER OFF FROM MY GAME AND GO TO FRANCE WHERE THE REST OF CHEATTING GITS ARE.

I just love this Lee! :laugh:

LOL those pesky French! :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: