The hangover

Options

Replies

• shellicious777
    shellicious777 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tylenol is very bad if you're drinking. Also hydration is KEY!! Hydrate before you drink and during, see if you have a hangover then. Coffee when you wake up with a hangover is NOT a good idea, just dehydrates you more! Also try not getting smashed, you'll have more fun remember what you did when you were drinking.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I've only had one hangover in my life but it seemed to have been cured with McDonalds breakfast and a morning laying on the couch.

Exactly this! After downing a whole bottle of cheap vodka, I found that McDonald's breakfast and a soda was the remedy.

yeah i found that fatty foods soak it up. Thought i was the only crazy one.
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    I can never eat a lot the next day. Vitamin water the Revive one, a banana and a wheatgrass shot will generally help me through the day. My hangovers last at least 3 days so I generally drink about 3 times a year ... unfortunately then I end up binge drinking.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    McDonalds works wonders!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Binge drinking is the only way lol
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    Binge drinking is the only way lol

Yeah .. mine come with blackouts .. major ones.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've only had one hangover in my life but it seemed to have been cured with McDonalds breakfast and a morning laying on the couch.

Breakfast at McD's always the hangover cure. Get some grease for the stomach! I'm in.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    If you can;t remember, it never happened. Guilt free lol
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Tequila loves me, so I don't usually get one. But when I was in college, it used to be a diet coke and egg mcmuffin. Worked like a charm. That being said drinking water along with the alcohol usually makes sure there isn't any hangover to begin with....that and my love affair with Jose Ceurvo...like I said.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Tylenol is very bad if you're drinking. Also hydration is KEY!! Hydrate before you drink and during, see if you have a hangover then. Coffee when you wake up with a hangover is NOT a good idea, just dehydrates you more! Also try not getting smashed, you'll have more fun remember what you did when you were drinking.

Thanks mom
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Big Mac, Fries & a Coke.

Or a glass of PediaLyte before bed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you can avoid a hangover by drinking water at the end of the night

You haven;t hit it hard enough

true!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I read an article on webMD about hangover and it made a lot of sense.
    http://www.webmd.com/balance/ss/slideshow-hangover-myths

A hangover is all dehydration. Drinking more booze or soda is going to dehydrate you even more so those are bad ideas. Even a bottle water before a soda helps. It also states that food/pain medicine before bed will not help you. Greasy food does nothing for a hangover but satisfy your body's mental cravings.

For me, the only cure is water and herbal medication. :wink: Like a charm.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Waffle house/ihop, because I love love breakfast
    or anything fast food/ greasy. Takeout kind-of foods really do it for me when I have hangover belly.
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hair of the Dog. Seriously. Hair of the dog. Not for the weak of heart. Worked for Charles Bukowski, and he's the biggest drunk I've ever heard of.

For those who don't know, Hair of the Dog is an expression meaning to drink more alcohol when you wake up. It does actually work. After a few drinks, have someone responsible drive and pick up something greasy to coat the lining of your stomach. I prefer a good fast food burger/fries.

When I lived in CA, a breadbowl of Clam Chowder was marvelous.

Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hair of the Dog. Seriously. Hair of the dog. Not for the weak of heart. Worked for Charles Bukowski, and he's the biggest drunk I've ever heard of.

For those who don't know, Hair of the Dog is an expression meaning to drink more alcohol when you wake up. It does actually work. After a few drinks, have someone responsible drive and pick up something greasy to coat the lining of your stomach. I prefer a good fast food burger/fries.

When I lived in CA, a breadbowl of Clam Chowder was marvelous.

Good luck!

I seriously don't get this. You are hungover from being dehydrated, how does furthering your dehydration help?
  • thebigcb
    Options
    I can get a few glasses of wine, to knock the edge off her, a few settlers as we say
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Coconut water and a banana. Boring, I know, but they are both proven hangover elixers.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Mac cheese, fries and chocolate milk. Mmmm...
  • kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm with all the "greasy people"... I wake up late enough to just do lunch, burger and fries... pizza can work, too... meat lovers pan pizza from pizza hut does WONDERS for a hangover.