Ice Tea

Options
So I've gotten better about drinking water all throughout the day, but at dinner I love drinking ice tea. Usually its Lipton's ice tea mix and yes its sweetened. Can anyone suggest something that isn't water that is less sugary?

Replies

• Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    Iced tea that isn't sweetened.
  • jilli814
    jilli814 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What about Crystal light add in...Iced tea falor....They also sell the 1/2 Ice tea 1/2 lemonade Arnold Palmer...that is really good too
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Real brewed tea is full of anti-oxidants. Learn to appreciate the flavor without the sugar.
  • Corrado20v
    Corrado20v Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gold Peak Diet Tea is awesome! That's what I switched to.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Make plain tea and mix it with your sweetened tea if you dont like plain tea...
    instead of watering it down, it is now just less sweet!!!
    Keep adding more plain tea until you can drink it plain all by itself...
  • Alford96
    Alford96 Posts: 70
    Options
    unsweet herbal teas (Wild Berry is my fave at the moment) they are good iced.
    Keep a jug of water with sliced citrus in it (orange lime and lemon are all ones I've tried)-
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Real brewed tea is full of anti-oxidants. Learn to appreciate the flavor without the sugar.
    Ditto. Squeeze a lemon in unsweetened tea, and you will eventually not miss the sugar. I recently started drinking my coffee without creamer.
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes nearby, I highly recommend their organic Stevia as a sweetener. Tastes great in my green tea with Zero Carbs and Zero Calories. =)

You can probably buy it online as well. http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Stevia-Extract/dp/B007NLZA7M ;-)
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of skim milk. It's fully of vitamins and minerals....all the good stuff.
    I drink about 10 big glasses of water a day. So skim milk is a nice change and its good for you.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna drink tea, you may as well switch over to green tea, it's better for you anyway. I just kept lowering the sugar in mine until it was unsweetened, after you get to that point, sweetened tea is like *yuck* too sweet. I don't drink as much tea anymore, but I keep a box of green tea bags, so that I can make an individual cup every now and then, pour it over ice and it's great.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The Snapple 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade is AWESOME!!!!!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've started brewing my own tea from flavored tea bags. And if you like sweet, just at stevia, splenda or something like that. You can also purchase the Crystal Light tea for a bottle of water, they are a ton of different flavors. I like Iced Tea! :drinker:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    In a jug of iced water, kept in the fridge, add either:

2 chopped apples and 2 cinnamon sticks
    A cup of chopped cucumber and a handful of fresh mint
    or
    Sliced lemons and limes.
  • jessababy22
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful suggestions. It is that sweet tooth for the ice tea I'm battling so having some healthier alternatives are great!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like to make Peach tea Celestial Seasonings is the best, or any hibiscus tea infusion. Or La Croix for that lightly flavored carbonation yum yum
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I seriously am loving using Raw Blue Agave Nectar. It has a sweet taste that is unique but very palatable with various drinks. I use it in my hot tea all the time. :drinker:
  • erica1649
    Options
    Hey Jess,

I LIVE by drinking iced tea (always unsweetened) I even drink that more than water sometime. I love making all different kinds, especially green...

Good luck...

Also if you are tired of just plain water, get that true lemon or lime stuff...not sure if many supermarkets have it (it gets moved around alot) but they usually have it at Christmas Tree Shop...its basically a dehydrated lemon wedge in powder form.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I have to do it...

It's iceD Tea.

And yes I drink iced tea all the time. It's my go to at at restaurant when I don't want water but don't want soda either.
  • jimbo480
    jimbo480 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have turned to Arnold Palmers as well as a way to avoid pop. I buy the Great Value unsweetened iced tea and mix it with Minute Maid 15 calorie lemonade. It's very good and has way fewer calories than pop. I've even helped convert my best friend from his 4-5 pop's a day with this drink...

Good luck...
  • happythermia
    Options
    fruity herbal teas!