Scared to up my calories

Options
I have been very slow to lose weight. This week I upped my water intake and lost 2 lbs! I had planned to raise my caloric intake from 1300 to 1500 because I read on here a lot about people not eating enough calories and not losing. But now I am wondering if I just wasn;t getting enough water? I figured my BMR is 1465 and TDEE 2014. I'm 5'6 and weigh 155. How much should I eat? I am thinking I should try a week at 1500 and see how it goes?

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How long have you been counting and how much have you lost?

Your ticker says 5 pounds out of the 15 you are aiming for. If you have been tracking/dieting only a few weeks, those are amazing results.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If your going to try it, try a couple weeks at least. you could see a small spike in weight the first week and then the week later see a big drop.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If your going to try it, try a couple weeks at least. you could see a small spike in weight the first week and then the week later see a big drop.

This. You've been eating below your BMR, so some transient water weight gain is pretty much inevitable. I'd give it 3 weeks at least before even weighing again. Good Luck :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

This. You've been eating below your BMR, so some transient water weight gain is pretty much inevitable. I'd give it 3 weeks at least before even weighing again. Good Luck :)

hit the nail on the head. give things time. 3 weeks is a good time frame I would think.
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How long have you been counting and how much have you lost?

Your ticker says 5 pounds out of the 15 you are aiming for. If you have been tracking/dieting only a few weeks, those are amazing results.

About 5 or 6 weeks. Not sure exactly how long.
  • chloeraesmommy
    Options
    i agree 5 lbs is great if youve only been doing this a few weeks! I however didnt loose any weight for like 3 weeks, I started eating back my excerise cals and on my cardio doing 1 min as hard as I could go, then 1 min to get my heart rate down...back and forth like that for 30 min...whichever it was, i started loosing again..