I know this is annoying but...

shocker02k
shocker02k Posts: 10
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I know this gets asked all the time, but MFP doesn't seem to have a sticky feature for the message board.

Anyway, just using some round numbers, say I burn 2500 calories a day according to my BMR, and I have a diet target of 1500 calories per day, with 1000 calories per week of exercise thrown in.

I know the consensus is to eat your exercise calories, but my question is are you supposed to eat all exercise calories, or exercise you do that's not included in the 1000 calories per week (like say I do 4 workouts this week and burn 1333 calories, do I gain an extra 333 calories to eat that day I worked out?)?

Thanks...

Replies

• shocker02k
    shocker02k Posts: 10
    I know this gets asked all the time, but MFP doesn't seem to have a sticky feature for the message board.

Anyway, just using some round numbers, say I burn 2500 calories a day according to my BMR, and I have a diet target of 1500 calories per day, with 1000 calories per week of exercise thrown in.

I know the consensus is to eat your exercise calories, but my question is are you supposed to eat all exercise calories, or exercise you do that's not included in the 1000 calories per week (like say I do 4 workouts this week and burn 1333 calories, do I gain an extra 333 calories to eat that day I worked out?)?

Thanks...
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Check for posts under fitness and exercise or food and nutrition: Songbyrdsweet, Banks & Viviakay all have good information posted on these topics...someone may chime in that knows the link and provides it for you.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    nope. you would eat 1333 extra cals. mfp figures your bmr and subtracts the appropriate cals for the weight loss you choose. so if you know your going to the gym of for a walk when you enter your exercise it will tell you on the bottom of your food page how many extra cals you have earned. i eat some of my cals but not all. mfp says you should eat them and many members do and still lose. i am a bit scared. i am however starting to realize if i dont eat my exercise cals how will i maintain when i get there. im so used to eating 1450 cals when i maintain ill be up to like 2000 or more. i dont know how ill ever get that in. so i have started eating some of my exercise cals and i am still losing. hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.