Rewards! :D

Options
Fun topic. What is your reward system? I'm looking for ideas, since every time in the past my 'reward' to myself for anything was food. Clearly, that needs to change.

Replies

• TabethaH5
    Options
    how about a mani or a pedi? or new makeup? Smelly perfume? something just for you! When I got to 20 pounds lost I bought me a mini trampoline. When I get to 50 pounds lost my hubby is going to buy me champagne. ( never had any )
  • noellyenciso
    Options
    if i lose 30 pounds im getting myself these pretty puma black with aqua green tennis shoes i saw on academy. They are just around $80 bucks and they are just too cute. It would be best to reward yourself with something you like alot
  • meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a function every five weeks to keep me on track. I have mini goals during those periods of time. So, the first set was a girls weekends and in almost five weeks I have a date weekend with my husband. Motivation enough to lose 10 more lbs. Then a family vacation in November, by then I should have lost about 35-40 lbs. I do better with timelines, keeps me focused.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    new playlists from itunes, a song for every completed workout that month
    new running shoes
    new workout gear
    new adventurous or beautiful run routes
    living social and groupon healthy/active deals
    gym towel
    fancy gym pass for a day
    a swimming only workout
    a trail run
    a triumphant video
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and seeing a healthier person.
    Feeling younger than I did a year ago...or fifteen years ago for that matter.
    Knowing that I am stronger than my excuses.

Since I don't deprive myself of anything, I can't really think of a reason for any other rewards for making my life better!
  • Bearman45
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and seeing a healthier person.
    Feeling younger than I did a year ago...or fifteen years ago for that matter.
    Knowing that I am stronger than my excuses.

Since I don't deprive myself of anything, I can't really think of a reason for any other rewards for making my life better!

What Wisebadger said.

Me smiling back at me is a fine reward!
  • sarahbuckk
    Options
    Awesome! I've been considering like when I get to 10lbs lost, I'll get a pedicure, 20, I'll get my hair done, 30, I'll buy new clothes, and I don't know what else I want to reward myself with... lol but i know that at the reached goal (provided the loss rate continues should be about july next year) I'm going to hawaii for two weeks!
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    Taking clothes that are now too big to Goodwill!!!!!! Every time I do that I get to myself I'm never going back to "there" again :-)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Well, not sure where I stand on this, because if rewards work for you as a motivator, then go for it. Personally, I've decided to be me before I hit the goal - I've spent years saying, when I get thin I'll...

I gave myself a makeover - new clothes, hairstyle and makeup about a year ago. Now I can feel beautiful even though I'm not slim right now. This way I can enjoy the process of losing weight.

I'll probably splurge on glamor shots. I like the classy, glamorous look better than the skimpy, tight ho wear.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Well, not sure where I stand on this, because if rewards work for you as a motivator, then go for it. Personally, I've decided to be me before I hit the goal - I've spent years saying, when I get thin I'll...

I gave myself a makeover - new clothes, hairstyle and makeup about a year ago. Now I can feel beautiful even though I'm not slim right now. This way I can enjoy the process of losing weight.

if you paid attention youd notice most people posted rewards that would spur their progress forward. Its not waiting to live, its earning motivation.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    When I lose 50 I'm getting a brazillian bikini wax and when I reach my goal, we are installing a stripper pole. My main inspiration/reward is fitting into all the cute too small clothes I have.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hence, prior statement, if it works as a motivator then go for it. One mini goal is a size smaller pant size. When I hit that goal, I'll have to buy new jeans. The reward and the goal are together.
  • yoovie
    Options
    maybe i just dont understand what you are saying about being yourself before you reach goal weight and how rewards would stop that from happening.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My pic was one of my rewards - worth every burger I skipped to get there!!! :wink:
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am having a massage as a reward, and then I'll think of a non food reward for the next goal.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Back when I started this journey two years ago, I sat down and made a list of rewards I would give myself for each milestone. At the time I decided my goal was to lose 85 lbs (I'd already managed to lose about 15 on my own before getting serious). This is what my list looked like:

-5 lbs: New shoes
    -10 lbs: Sushi dinner
    -20 lbs: New jeans
    -30 lbs: Trip to St. Augustine
    -42.5 lbs: $42.50 to spend on Amazon (halfway point)
    -55 lbs: Trip to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
    -65 lbs: Spa day
    -75 lbs: Car (may have to revise this one...)
    -85 lbs: Cruise

I think I'm going to retroactively change the 55-lb reward to Kings Island instead of Universal/Islands and call that one earned; I went up to Ohio to retrieve my sister who spent the summer with my mom and stepdad last week, and while I was there we visited the park. I have technically earned a spa day, too, now. Must book that at some point. I guess when I made this list I figured I would have a driver's license by the time I lost 75 pounds; I'm at about 68 right now and I still don't, nor do I feel any great need to get one, so maybe I should decide on something else for that milestone. Not sure what, though.

Maybe I'll make 75 lbs the cruise and change 85 to a haircut, lol. My hair is a bit past my shoulders now and it hasn't been this long since high school. My boyfriend likes it, I think I'd look cute with a really short style once I'm thinner.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started a post on this in success stories, so if you already read this, sorry to tell you again! One of the best ideas that someone came up with is to go and buy canned food every few months that is equal to the total amount lost and donate it to a food bank. Not only will you be helping to feed the hungry, you will have to carry all of that weight that you used to carry around. It will remind you how much easier it is to be thinner and lighter!

I thought this was genius!

Heather
  • sarahbuckk
    Options
    I started a post on this in success stories, so if you already read this, sorry to tell you again! One of the best ideas that someone came up with is to go and buy canned food every few months that is equal to the total amount lost and donate it to a food bank. Not only will you be helping to feed the hungry, you will have to carry all of that weight that you used to carry around. It will remind you how much easier it is to be thinner and lighter!

I thought this was genius!

Heather

No, I actually hadn't seen your post. but yes that is awesome!