Pilates, does it help shrink belly fat!!!

Options
I'm losing weight everywhere else accept my belly, I know u can't spot reduce but asking if it has helped shrink belly fat. Thanks :)

Replies

• angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    It will definitely tighten your core muscles. As for losing fat off your stomach that is going to have to come from your diet.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    Years ago, I did it for 4 months straight. All it did was make my core rock hard -- under the fat.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Combine cardio and pilates would be my advice.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The only exercises that will help you lose belly fat are fork putdowns, small-serving scoops, and plate push-aways.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Creating a calorie deficit is the mechanism that will cause net fat loss, and exercising (of any type) will burn calories that may contribute to your calorie deficit.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The trick is balancing and maintaining a healthy diet and having a well-rounded exercise routine that incorporates strength training and cardiovascular activities.

I like doing HIIT.

Keep your body challenged too by incorporating new exercises into your workouts.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The only exercises that will help you lose belly fat are fork putdowns, small-serving scoops, and plate push-aways.

:laugh:
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    i freaking love pilates!!! i have made a lot of progress in the tummy area (my obliques are pretty defined at this point) but it isn't pilates alone. i actually believe that yoga helps with core definition more. in yoga you do a lot more plank type work! you also have to have a calorie deficit as sidesteal mentioned. ♥
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Best exercise advice ever!!!!
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options

lol
  • nayers86
    nayers86 Posts: 60
    Options
    Pilates will NOT shrink belly fat. A balanced, low fat, low calorie diet in combination with a very intesive cardio workouts will help you lose belly fat. I love Pilates and it is helping to tone and define my core, however, I also run 5-6 days a week and burn a TON of calories. You will never see the results of Pilates unless you work off the belly fat first. It's sad, but, it's the hardest part of your body to tighten.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Creating a calorie deficit is the mechanism that will cause net fat loss, and exercising (of any type) will burn calories that may contribute to your calorie deficit.

I'm with this guy.

No specific exercise alone is going to get rid of fat... it's a combined effort of many things that gets rid of fat.