What Food Plan Do You Use?

Options
Hi,

There are so many of you who are doing sooooooooooooo well. Just wondering, what food/exercise plan are you using or are you just keeping track on MFP.

Keep up the good work.

Replies

• Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Wow, no one is using a specific food plan? Oh well, I thought I'd be getting support here. Have a great day and good luck to you all.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't use a food plan. I eat what I want when I want. I log my calories and stay active. I teamed up with my doctor to develop a realistic plan for exercising and weight loss. I researched and educated myself, and do it my way. No plan needed. I know this isn't helpful, but I wanted you to know that I read it. I think people aren't answering because they are not using food plans. Good luck on your goals.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Wow, no one is using a specific food plan? Oh well, I thought I'd be getting support here. Have a great day and good luck to you all.

I would imagine the vast majority of people are not using a food plan because they are tracking total intake, and total intake is what really matters.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The one where I get to eat what I like in moderation!! :) No restriction here!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed food, grains and legumes.

Eat meat, fish, eggs, veggies (mostly leafy) and some dairy.

Keep carbs below 50g a day.

Eat fat, enjoy fat, love fat.

Drink much red wine regularly.

Don't exercise too much, short sharp bursts are better than hours jogging.

No, really, eat fat.

There ya go, that's me,
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

My specific plan is eating within my calorie and macro goals and working out.
    Good luck to you too.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My food plan is to use or burn more calories than I consume until I achieve my goal . At that point I will modify the daily numbers. One of my tools is to use MFP likes its a compass to help guide me there. Good luck achieving your personal fitness goals!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options

My specific plan is eating within my calorie and macro goals and working out.
    Good luck to you too.

This is me as well, though I would state I am an "everything in moderation" person as well.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have experimented a bit with carb cycling with some good results, and it's great for breaking a plateau, but it really comes down to calories in, calories out.

I like a little more protein and less carbs then the RDA, but too much protein can be bad too. Everyone seems to have different results, so there is not hard and fast rules unfortunately.

My favorite approach is nutritional, and I use a system called Nutripoints for that. This is a system that ranks food for nutritional quality, and you pick foods with the highest nutrients per calorie. It's a great approach and the more points you get, the better you eat and the more vitamins, nutrients, etc. you get.
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the South Beach Diet. Have lost 51 pounds in about 10 months. Have hit a bit of a plateau right now and trying hard to break it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ummm....I was in bed when you posted. :D

I use a low carb plan because I have diabetes and because it works. :)
  • Food Plan:

1. Find your maintenance calories.
    2. Add/Subtract 20% based on your goals.
    3. Find foods you enjoy that are nutritious and fit within your calorie goal.
    4. Repeat until desired goal is achieved.
    5. ???
    6. Profit.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting?

I tend to favor a varied vegetarian whole foods diet with limited added sugars/refined carbs and plenty of legumes, complex carbs, veggies, fruit and some nuts/oils.

I have no real restrictions on myself on what I eat though, as long as it is in my calorie range.
  • sierrajade2012
    Options
    I follow the Toneitup plan. www.toneitup.com-great plan!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm following a "nutritarian" food plan. Mostly high nutrient, whole foods. My activity plan is 'do something every day.' lol I'm thinking about doing P90X again, but i'm also training for a half marathon. I don't believe there is one single best plan. The one that works best for you works best for you.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I use the common sense food plan... if I know it's not good for me, I won't touch it. And by not good I mean the obvious fried, sugared, over oiled, or anything with a lot of hidden baddies in the ingredients (high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils etc.) Then just log, keep my calories, fats, sugars, sodium in the good range, then work out. Going on a "diet" is an instant fail for the most part. It's just easier to make the life style change to eat sensibly and eat healthy. Give yourself food you love sparingly, and keep active.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want in moderation (no overeating!) and exercise. That's my plan LOL. My food and exercise diary is open, feel free to look through it. I usually have a light breakfast. Veggies with lunch and dinner. I aim for 2 servings of fruit a day. Some little treat every day, like a freezer pop. 12 cups of water a day. Oh and this week I started with keeping my carbs under 200.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've been calorie counting but have gotten off track lately. I think I'm going to follow Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 meal plan for the next month to get back on track.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on a bacon diet :wink:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My food plan is simple: What's being discounted for quick sale at the super market today is what I eat tomorrow (30% off meat, 50% off everything else), and my exercise is walking to/from work. I'll start cycling soon, and I'll be using my bike to get *everywhere* plus training for long tours.

It doesn't have to be complex. I like the stress-free lifestyle.