How much weight can you gain in two weeks?

Options
Hi everyone, I am 5 3' and two weeks ago was 111 lbs. I just came back from my honeymoon and am now 120! Have I really gained this much weight, is it possible to actually eat that many calories? I definitely ate whatever I want, and I didn't hold back, but still.

Replies

• timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    When I went to visit my grandmother in the hospital, I stayed at a friend's place in Boston. I gained 10 lbs in 4 days. There was a lot of good food and tons of great wine. I weighed 165 when I arrived in Boston and weighed 175 when I left 4 days later.

As you can probably believe, that trip was the beginning of my inspiration to lose weight.

Oh, and I'm 5'5", only a couple inches taller than you...
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    You may have gained a little, but some could be water weight from your trip. The food at the resort was probably very high in sodium. Try drinking a bunch of water and waiting it out for a few days.
  • Hannahtams
    Options
    Thanks guys, 10 lb in 4 days wow! That kind of makes me feel better! But hopefully it's water, there probably was a lot of salt in all that stodgy food.
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    10 lb in 4 days wow! That kind of makes me feel better!

Doing what I can to help and encourage. I am now down to 152.5 from a high of 175. This is the lowest I've been since starting college. If I can lose it, you can too. =)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I can gain about 2 pounds in 2 weeks of fat. Not including water weight. I'd really have to be putting my chow on for that to happen though. My weight has gone up gradually (overeating a little bit on a lot of days)
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the wedding!! Something to add along with what people are saying about sodium bloat--it is possible that in the last week or so before the wedding, you may have dropped a few pounds due to stress/running around not having as much time to eat/etc. I would imagine you'll lose some weight quickly now that you're home, but unless you've been holding steady at 111 for a while, that number may represent a lower weight point, so you may not get all the way back down there just through dropping the vacation eating habits.