MFP Veterans....what has kept you motivated to keep doing th

Options
Those that have stuck it out and have seen results....what kept you going when you wanted to quit?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Looking at my "fat" jeans and knowing I didn't want to have to wear them again. :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    -Getting random facebook messages from people who used to make fun of me in HS about how unrecognizable I am.
    -Sheer terror of losing my health, and getting cancer, diabetes, anemia, and all the other crap thats wrong with my parents.
    -I'm still not where I want to be, kind of stuck in the endless pursuit of perfection
    -I'm not planning to make this a fast thing. It took me years to get so incredibly obese, so it can take me years to get where I want to be. Slow and steady will make sure that this victory is a nice long lasting one.
    -Getting the chance to help other people
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    By the time it got hard I had already formed the good habits. I had a very easy time at first. I weighed 270 pounds,,, so my BMR was through the roof and I had plenty to eat. Once my weight started to come down MFP adjusted my calorie intake down and it got more challenging, but by then I had lost 30 pounds and I was looking better and I was feeling better and I was hooked.

It was a real eye opener for me when I realized that I really could have a hot little bod... I could have the little bitty waist and the 6 pack abs. And the jawline and etc.etc.etc. I'm not "there" yet, but I'm looking and feeling better than I have in years.

Really looking forward to this summer. With all I've learned and the good habits and good health I've started I should be able to really make gains this year once the weather gets better and I can exercise outdoors again.

Anyways - I never really wanted to quit. Sometimes it has gotten a little frustrating - when I would diet and exercise hard for a month and the scale wouldn't budge. Or when I would have some little pain that made it harder to get it done. But I never really wanted to just chuck it all and go back to eating garbage and sitting on the couch. Once I made the change it was made.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things". :smile:
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...those are great stories!!!!