Protein Powder suggestions?

Options
I am going to buy some protein powder tomorrow. Do you have one that you like? I've tried a few but a very long time ago. I think I'd ike a chocolate flavoured one the best. Thanks!!

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate is really tasty.

And I'm with you on preferring chocolate.. my boyfriend drinks vanilla and it's horrible!
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ViSalus has the best one. It tastes like cake batter, then you can add stuff to it. They have flavor packets ranging from chocolate to peach.
    My favorite is a Butterfinger shake. It has almond milk, Vi Shape Shake Mix, peanut butter, sugar free butterscotch pudding mix, and a choco flavor packet. It tastes just like the candy bar! How can you not like that???
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey in Milk Chocolate.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate is really tasty.

And I'm with you on preferring chocolate.. my boyfriend drinks vanilla and it's horrible!

This gets my vote
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I have the target brand whey protein.. and we have it in chocolate.. so Iam opting for anything chocolate.. plus chocolate and peanut butter always go together.. and it tastes like a reese cup in a cup.. ALWAYS CHOCOLATE
  • nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I dig Optimum Nutrition Gold standard. I've tried double chocolate and cookies 'n cream and they are both delicious! If you order online they have tons of different flavors that I want to try. Carmel Choc Fudge and Cake Batter!?!?! Yumssssssssssss.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk Cake Batter Flavor. I was buying the "light" version, but it's no longer available via Amazon's Subscribe & Save (auto-shipped, 15% off, free shipping). I haven't tried the "regular" yet, but I'm guessing if I really liked the light I'll like the regular as well. Hope this helps...

ETA: I don't like to buy the chocolate flavor because I like to use it in smoothies (1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder) and I'm not a fan of chocolate/fruit smoothies.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Chocolate is AWESOME if you are looking for JUST a protein shake. There are many options out there. Personally don't skimp on quality when it comes to your protein or health shakes. There's a reason a lot of them are only $1 or $2 per serving or less.
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pro7ein Syntheses. It has whey and other proteins and is a slow release. It's also lower in calories and helps lean you out. Just remember that if you're taking in protein shakes and eating protein that you don't go too far over what you need for the day and that you are working out otherwise it actually will start putting on a little weight. PS comes in a big, red drum and I've really enjoyed it so far. I take it in the morning and within 30 minutes of my workout later in the day.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just tried Tera's Whey in Bourbon Vanilla this morning mixed into my oatmeal. It was delicious and is all natural. It's made with Stevia instead of sugar or sugar alcohols. Comes in organic whey, rGBH free whey, and goat whey formulas. I found it at Whole Foods.