too much thunder in my thighs

So this is where I hold my weight..in my butt and my thighs. I'm doomed to life with a big butt..it runs on my moms side of the family. I have lost like 3 inches in my waist and I am sure it just slid down and joined club thigh. I am walking 3 miles every other day and sometimes every day. BRISK walking..no conversations or songs being sung while walking. Yet my thighs refuse to give up their thunder. HELP. Ps my zumba class starts up next month...will that maybe curb the thunder?

ps started out on July 5th with a measurement of 24 on the thigh... and like I said 3 inches off my waist since then...measured thigh yesterday..24 inches!

Replies

• megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    I have been bicycling for my cardio. I have been losing inches off my quads and butt. I go up hills and really work my thigh muscles. I have noticed a significant difference in how my pants fit me. They are getting looser for sure. Just keep plugging away. It took about 3 months for me to really see the change.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    I've always had big thighs, even at my smallest weight in high school. I am doomed to have them forever, so I've just learned to love them. I've lost 4 inches each off my chest, waist and hips since April and only 1 off my thighs.

My calves are big too. I have to buy large-calf boots.

Thankfully, my bf loves my legs.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Even at my skinniest, I had thunder thighs. Only place I had fat as a teenager. Some of us are just lucky that way. My solution: find a guy who digs girls with big legs. ;o)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 544 Member
    no advice. At 180 my thighs were 24 and at 145 they are 23.5. When I was 20 and only weighed 110 lbs, they were still 23 inches. Consequently, I thought I was fat then :)

Now I think they are what they are and hopefully they are big from muscles and not fat!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    the thing that makes me sad is I wonder what size of jean I could really fit in if I didn't have to make accommodation for the extra baggage in the thigh. Maybe if I can just get them toned up a little bit that will help.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    :flowerforyou: Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Your body lets go of the fat/weight wear it wants to first...even if you want it to go away there before anywhere else. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged!!