New to this site

Options
But not new to weight loss! lol
Started weight watchers on 6-15-10 and dropped about 60 lbs, then plateaued for months and months... then gained about 13 lbs. (so at -47 from when I started weight watchers.)

Stopped weight watchers (because who wants to keep paying to bounce up and down the scales?) and am trying to work on things on my own. A friend suggested myfitnesspal - (I'm also a member of sparkpeople.com - same screen name)..

I figure I need to lose another 50-60 lbs to get to my goal...and while the scale has been discouraging lately, I have other things besides the metal monster to measure my progress. I've gone from a total couch potato to running 5ks, an 8 k and a few 10ks... and May 2012 I did my first half marathon. (2:48:35)... had a couple week hiatus from running because of a nasty summer cold and am trying to get back into it and train for my 2nd half marathon.

Pixiemom13

Replies

• PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Welcome my friend! Glad to have you here!
  • hilary57
    hilary57 Posts: 18
    Options
    ooooo ... I LOVED the 1/2 marathon! Just enough to know you did some serious work, but no proverbial *wall* any where in sight. :) I miss my running days, but now the tops of my feet burn when I do anything more strenuous than a good, fast walk. One day I'll head to the doc to find out what's up with that.

Welcome and best wishes!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Way to go, well done you.

You seem to have the right attitude and self motivation to succeed.

Good luck!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I just joined in July and I like it. I have a similar background (weight watchers big loss-gained back). I started a fast walk and diet 3 years ago and lost 44 and gained back 15 and my doctor said try this. The food journal really helps me. Add me as a friend if you want to. Good luck!
  • Laurie5896
    Laurie5896 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Laurie. I used MyFitnessPal about two months ago and then left the site due to personal problems. I have decided to come back because it did help me keep on track and I don't want to use personal problems as my excuse again. You may add me if you like. Can use any and all help to motivate me on this journey.
  • sidsash
    sidsash Posts: 2
    Options
    I just signed up today. In the past I have been on Jenny Craig (lost a lot of weight but gained it all back) and I have been on weight watchers. I am hoping that this time the weight loss sticks... I am going to Zumba classes 2x a week, and I am hoping that I can get motivated to do more. Oh, my name is Theodora, but my friends call me Theo...