Any Vegans Out There??

Options
I would LOVE to finally see some vegan food diaries on my dashboard!

Add me! <3

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    we really gave it a shot here in our house..but we all seemed to be getting tired and cranky and just feeling like crap..so now we eat in moderation. But yeah finding vegan meals that didn't include rubber like material (e.g. tofu) ..it was hard.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    No, I like dead animals too much. Nom nom nom.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    **runs through throwing bacon in the air** FTW!!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    No, I like dead animals too much. Nom nom nom.

Me too..sometimes still warm
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    **runs through throwing bacon in the air** FTW!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7785118282_09cda36565.jpg
    Nice end cap to the whole foods section! by dandaninc, on Flickr
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Usual unhelpful responses.

There are some vegetarian/vegan groups. Feel free to friend me, I can share my diary.

Right now, I won't say it is optimal because my #1 issue right now is portion control so I'm mixing in some frozen meals into my plan. Once I get a better handle on portions, I will be kicking those to the curb.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan!
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was so glad to see this post but then so sad by the responses! Over the past month I have gone from eating a lot of animal protien (low carb, high protein) to drifting into vegetarianism more and more. I've done some vegan recipes and enjoyed it. I haven't pressured myself into doing it completely and that's probably why I feel ok with it. I don't feel that I have to be strict but I also haven't had any big desire to eat meat. I can say that I feel so much better not eating meat and I didn't realize it until about a week into it.

The turning point for me was that I read the book "Eat and Run" by Scott Jurek and it completely changed my way of thinking. Excellent book for anyone to read, exciting story!!! He is a world champion ultramarathon runner (100 plus miles in one race) and Spartathalon runner (150 plus miles in one race) and he's a vegan and does it all on a vegan diet.

My hat is off to him and anyone else who lives on the clean side of eating!
  • Lina4Lina
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about Eat and Run, I think I'm going to have to read that.
  • dandaninc
    Options
    I was a strict vegetarian for about 5 years. I learned a lot and was forced to try many new foods because of that lifestyl change. Then I went out to dinner with coworkers at a burger joint. I ended up eating having to eat a burger because it was the only item on the menu I trusted at such a shady restaurant.

The picture I posted was something that I found hilarious when I went to the store the other day.

My wife and I eat as clean as possible but holy hell that was hilarious to see a can of delicious baked beans with the holy bacon in it.

I honestly thought his comment about was HILARIOUS and I love bacon more than I love my cat. :flowerforyou:

I pride you for being vegan and belive it isn't something I could ever do. :drinker:

I'm glad someone posted the link to the vegan and vegetarian groups.

They are a great way to meet those who believe in the lifestyle that you have chosen.

Not everyone here is going to agree with that lifestyle.
  • Lina4Lina
    Options
    Honestly, if someone posts asking for other vegans, I'm not sure why that means that others would want to turn a thread into the glorification of meat. If someone wants to eat meat, that is up to them, I wouldn't go into a paleo thread talking about how I could never do that because meat is disgusting. A little common courtesy is appreciated.

I figure if someone wants to talk about their meat eating, there are other threads to do that than a thread targeted towards/looking for vegans.
  • pepin1224
    pepin1224 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to be a vegan but then my lifepartner and I were forced to move into her mother's house for a few months and one of the rules is that I have to eat meat. Once we leave, I'm going back to the vegan life. I'll be a happy little boy then.
  • dandaninc
    Options
    Honestly, if someone posts asking for other vegans, I'm not sure why that means that others would want to turn a thread into the glorification of meat. If someone wants to eat meat, that is up to them, I wouldn't go into a paleo thread talking about how I could never do that because meat is disgusting. A little common courtesy is appreciated.

I figure if someone wants to talk about their meat eating, there are other threads to do that than a thread targeted towards/looking for vegans.

You're right.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used to be a vegan but then my lifepartner and I were forced to move into her mother's house for a few months and one of the rules is that I have to eat meat. Once we leave, I'm going back to the vegan life. I'll be a happy little boy then.

One of the rules is you HAVE to eat meat? WTF? How can someone make you eat meat? That's just wrong.