"CLEAN" sweets.

I have an INSANE sweet tooth. Everything premade, packaged or in a coffee shop has either an insane amount of calories, or is made with white four, and white sugar, or sugar substitutes. Anything with honey, brown sugar, or agave isn't too bad, but I can't fins any recipes. Is there any CLEAN sweets recipes for cookies, cupcakes, cakes etc that aren't so horrible in the calorie dept? I''ve tried microvvaved protein "brownies/cakes/cookies" using baking powder and protein powder, and those were disgusting. Any help?

Replies

• There is a great recipe in this months issue of "Clean Eating" magazine for blueberry muffins. Tried it yesterday and my husband thought that they were fantastic.:wink:
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    My favorite healthy dessert is the banana ice cream.. peel and cut up a banana and put in the freezer.. After it's frozen you can blend in a food processor and it's perfectly sweet on it's own.. You can add coco powder, vanilla, coconut, peanut butter or whatever ya want.. I love coco powder. If you do it in a blender you'll probably need to add some milk or almond milk to help mix it.

Another one of my favorite sites is chocolatecoveredkatie.com she has a ton of really yummy recipes that don't use sugar or use a little bit of honey/agave.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    I am subscribing to this thread. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I would really like to find something low cal, low sugar that does the trick :).
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Me and my friend actually made really good chocolate brownies with a little over 100 calories a few weeks ago! You just have to search around for a good recipe!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    same here as far as sweet tooths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    You can try making your own sugar free chocolate using some unsweetened baking chocolate. I melt some with some unsweetened coconut and toasted flax seeds and use Splenda - it makes a nice crispy chocolate treat without all the sugar, and provides a decent chocolate fix.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    You can reduce the amount of sugar and calories of cupcakes by 50% by cutting them in half.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    I was also going to suggest chocolatecoveredkatie.com but someone beat me to the punch! I've made her Reese's peanut butter cup baked oatmeal and her dark chocolate crunch bars and both were awesome. Also check out dashingdish.com or skinnytaste.com.

I've made my own crustless yogurt "cheesecake" before and it was super easy and yummy. All I did was take a 16 oz container of non fat plain Greek yogurt, and dumped it into a sieve lined with two paper towels, and set the sieve over a bowl. Cover the yogurt with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours. All of the excess liquid will drain out into the bowl, so you'll be left with really thick, cream cheese-like yogurt. Dump the yogurt onto a plate and spread out like you would a cheesecake. Top with fresh berries (I used strawberries and raspberries). I made a pineapple syrup to drizzle over the top, by boiling down 2 cups of unsweetened pineapple juice for 10-15 minutes until it was thickened. It was so yummy!!!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    I too have a horrible sweet tooth and find it hard to stop at just one with some foods.
  • Babycakez38
    Babycakez38 Posts: 33 Member
    BUMP
  • Jillrw62
    Jillrw62 Posts: 7 Member
    These take a while to make but they are awesome! http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/recipes/dried-strawberries-ruscalleda/
    I have an INSANE sweet tooth. Everything premade, packaged or in a coffee shop has either an insane amount of calories, or is made with white four, and white sugar, or sugar substitutes. Anything with honey, brown sugar, or agave isn't too bad, but I can't fins any recipes. Is there any CLEAN sweets recipes for cookies, cupcakes, cakes etc that aren't so horrible in the calorie dept? I''ve tried microvvaved protein "brownies/cakes/cookies" using baking powder and protein powder, and those were disgusting. Any help?
  • Peanut Butter Cups from Alicia Silverstone
    I have also used agave instead of maple sugar, just use less.

SERVINGS

INGREDIENTS
    1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
    3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
    3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
    1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
    1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
    1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts

PREPARATION
    1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.) Set aside.
    2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
    3. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
    4. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
    5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
    6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
    7. Top with chopped nuts.
    8. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.

Excerpted from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone (2009, Rodale). All rights reserved. See more of Alicia Silverstone's vegan recipes.

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-cups-recipe#ixzz23jCywrCw
  • misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    1 Can Pineapple Chunks
    1 Banana
    1 Can Coconut Milk
    1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Blend & Freeze

You need a popsicle tray and posicle sticks.... It's Delicious :-D
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    You can try adding a little vital wheat gluten (flame me now, get it over with) to a cookie recipe and then replace white flour with defatted soy flour then replace like 3/4 of the oil with flaxseed meal.

You can use peanut oil or olive oil in place of vegetable oil. You can then use backing splenda or sweet n low to reduce the sugar content.

I've made some great peanut butter cookies that weren't too bad healthwise this way.
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Bump!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    My favorite healthy dessert is the banana ice cream.. peel and cut up a banana and put in the freezer.. After it's frozen you can blend in a food processor and it's perfectly sweet on it's own.. You can add coco powder, vanilla, coconut, peanut butter or whatever ya want.. I love coco powder. If you do it in a blender you'll probably need to add some milk or almond milk to help mix it.

Another one of my favorite sites is chocolatecoveredkatie.com she has a ton of really yummy recipes that don't use sugar or use a little bit of honey/agave.

I'm trying the banana thing today with some bananas I have in my freezer :) And I totally second chocolatecoveredkatie.com! I tried her single serving chocolate microwave cake thingy yesterday and OMG I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! It was amazing, super chocolatey and under 200 calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member

My suggestion would be to incorporate sweets that just have sugar/aren't clean, and manage to fit those into your diet while still hitting your goal numbers.
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Bump. I'd love some ideas!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Skinnytaste has lots of healthier options: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/dessert-recipes.html