Not losing more like gaining?

Options
So i have been serious about my weightloss and exercise for about 12 weeks now. I havent always logged my food due to no internet etc but i have always gotten my workouts in. I have had a few bad days but more good than bad.
I started doing turbofire(week 4 now)as i was maybe geting in 2 gym workouts a week and as i work shifts i wasnt always able to find time to go. I figured a home workout would be best for me as there is no excuse.
Well i seem to have gained a few pounds, and im really disappointed. I workout 6 times a week(more than i have ever done in my life) and now i have a hrm i can see i am burning a ton of calories.
I dont feel any bigger and my measurements havent changed although my stomach and thighs look smoother/seem more toned, though im not sure if this is in my head.
I dont get it, surely the scale should be doing down after all this working out? I am 5'7 and on 1400

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    maybe your hrm is innacurate
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I havent always logged my food due to no internet etc

I think this may be your problem
  • cherryacid
    Options
    But im still working out hard so surely that would make a difference anyway? Before all this i was eating crap and hardly working out, now i have cleaned up my diet and started working out hard nothing is happening.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? You can download the MFP app and log that way instead. Keeping a consistent and accurate food diary is one of the only common factors for people who are able to lose weight and keep it off. If you don't have a smart phone, just leave yourself a voice mail or send yourself a text message when you eat something, and then log it when you get in front of your computer. Don't rely on your memory, either, as memory is really hit or miss.
  • cherryacid
    Options
    I have probably had like 4 days without logging. Would that make much of a difference?

Yes i use the app all the time but sometimes i just dont get internet(ie i was in Munich for a few days) etc
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I have probably had like 4 days without logging. Would that make much of a difference?

Yes i use the app all the time but sometimes i just dont get internet(ie i was in Munich for a few days) etc

How would we know? We can't see what you ate
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I havent always logged my food due to no internet etc

I think this may be your problem

^^^^^ Agreed
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    But im still working out hard so surely that would make a difference anyway? Before all this i was eating crap and hardly working out, now i have cleaned up my diet and started working out hard nothing is happening.

eating a clean diet can still bring you over your calories. I have friends who only eat fruit etc and who are big and friends that eat one slice of pizza a day and are dangerously thin.

As said, I would try logging in more detail and perhaps cut your workouts a little and focus on your diet more. Your body may be clinging to fat if you're not eating enough...
  • cherryacid
    Options
    It has literally been like 4 times i havent logged due to being abroad. And there were no major pig outs or anything.

The rest of the time i have been extremely accurate in logging exactly what i am eating..I am always under my cal goal though after exercise, perhaps that is the problem? Like i mentioned my body does seem to look nicer, and my clothes arent tighter or anything. I do have issues with bloating a lot due to the pill i am on and stuff.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It has literally been like 4 times i havent logged due to being abroad. And there were no major pig outs or anything.

The rest of the time i have been extremely accurate in logging exactly what i am eating..I am always under my cal goal though after exercise, perhaps that is the problem? Like i mentioned my body does seem to look nicer, and my clothes arent tighter or anything. I do have issues with bloating a lot due to the pill i am on and stuff.

First of all, you've gotten some good answers - but you just don't want to hear it. Not logging properly can lead to a lack of success. Even if it was only for one day, one week, or one month, you can derail your progress if you don't track what you are eating.
    Second, you are exercising a lot and when you do that, your muscles retain water to help repair themselves. Take a couple of rest days, drink lots of water, and check your weight again. I bet it will go down.
    Third, if you are seeing losses in inches or the way your clothes fit, don't rely so much on the scale. Scales are fickle and tricky. Most of us can see our weight fluctuate by up to 5lbs in one day. So, the scale is not something to get stressed about.

*Edit to say that it's possible that you are undereating. You might want to check out the following link to help calculate a calorie goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • cherryacid
    Options
    Its not that i dont want to listen. i guess i still dont understand how it all works as i am exercising more than i have ever done and i tend to think as long as i am getting my workouts in and not overeating massively i should still see some results.( i know that isnt always the case)
    I think i am just comparing to back when i would eat junk all week and not workout and when i first started losing it was easy. Now i am close to my goal weight its hard and i guess i need to get it in my head that i need to concentrate more on diet.
    Today my net is only 377 which is ridiculous, as i am at work, i wont get home til 11pm tonight. So i will have to try and find something to eat.
  • betastax
    Options
    I feel the same way.....when i workout hard all week and cut my meals down drastically...i put on water weight.You probably have water weight.I bet if you continue to exercise and control your diet and drink a lot more water you will lose weight the next time.
  • cherryacid
    Options
    Thanks for that, yea some days i have been so bloated. Like 3 days of the week im bloated :(