I need some tips!

Options
So i'm in College and its really hard to eat anything healthy, the food they supply isn't healthy at all so i have to buy my own, which gets expensive! Any tips or recipes that I can use that can help me eat better or just feel better?

Replies

• Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fruit makes a great on the go snack. If you add string cheese or a serving of unsalted nuts, you have a decent mini-meal.

The sodium in pre-packaged food can be atrociuos, and the stuff is kinda expensive. If you have a microwave and a mini fridge, there's a lot you can do.

Try doing scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Egg Mug
    1/3 cup egg whites
    1 serving of cheese (try laughing cow wedges or mozzarella)

Mix ingredients in a microwave safe mug. Zap for 1 minute, stir. Zap for 45 seconds or until done.

You can also bake fish in the microwave.

1 Frozen Fish Filet (thawed, not the pre-seasoned pre-cooked kind)
    1 clementine orange (sliced)

Rinse fish and pat dry. place in microwave safe dish. lay orange slices on top. cook in microwave for 4 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

Best of luck and don't be discouraged.

I'll try to think of other microwave only meals that I've done before. :happy:
  • amd5523
    amd5523 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks so much. It really is a bit hard but i'm trying not to give up this time.
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    Hmmm, college is a toughy.

My wife and I freeze freshly squeezed OJ or other fruit into ice cube trays for healthy snacks. If you are in a dorm, that will be harder. However, I find planning is key. I plan out my entire week's meals. If you can make your meal plan with easy healthy meals and stick to it, that may help. Whenever I go off plan, I begin to slip.