Thursday Check In Group - January 7, 2010

Options
Hello Friends ... Happy Thursday to you all. Well, it's quite apparent that I fell off the wagon there for a good month or more ... I have all the typical excuses ... short staffed at work, family stresses, illness, and so on and so on ... but it's a brand new game now. This is our first official weigh in for this year and I'm starting out at 184 lbs. Here we go now ... let's see where this venture takes us all in 2010.

Replies

• mkeilbach
    Options
    I'm so excited that after 3 days of not losing an ounce I finally lost .9 lbs!!! This is a good day!:smooched:
  • angelface12004
    Options
    I just started on Friday, so a week tomorrow, and i have lost 5 lbs so far, will know the total tomorrow, i'm very excited :smile:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to all the newbies!:flowerforyou:

I like to put in all my weigh in's that way I know where I am and try to figure out what I have to do different. Well, this week I gained another pound, and I thought I was doing good. I think at this point since I don't have much to loose I have to fit exercise in some where. I know I keep saying it but I actually have to stop talking and actually do something about it.

Talk soon,
    Tanya

July 30th - 154 pounds
    August 6th - 150 pounds
    August 13th- 150 pounds
    August 20th - 147 pounds
    August 27th - 144 pounds
    September 3rd - 144 pounds
    September 10th - 144 pounds
    September 17th - 144 pounds
    September 24th - 142 pounds
    October 1st - 143 pounds
    October 8th - 141 pounds
    October 15th - 140 pounds
    October 22th - 139 pounds
    October 29th - 137 pounds
    November 5th - 140 pounds
    November 12th - 137 pounds
    November 19th - 136 pounds
    November 26th - 135 pounds
    December 3rd - 134 pounds
    December 10th -133 pounds
    December 17th - 131 pounds
    December 24th - 129 pounds
    December 31st - 130 pounds
    January 7th - 131 pounds
  • gijane1ea
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new to this one. This is my first Thursday so here goes:

Thursday, Jan 6, 2010 - 9am - Starting weight is 208
    Hips: 47 inches
    Waist: 40 inches
    Thighs: 26 inches
    My goal weight is 150 by July 31st

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I am starting today to change my life. I know how to eat right, and know which foods are bad for me, however, I have a tendency to eat what I feel like eating at certain times of the month.:blushing:

I have a gym in my apartment complex and I have been using the elliptical machine for 45 minutes 3 days per week and walk the treadmill 2 days per week for 30 minutes on incline 7.

I have a Wii fit with the Biggest Loser dvd and Jillian Michaels dvd which are both body busters! :noway: I use them for strength training as well as my kettle bell, dumbbells and exercise ball.

My workout days are Fridays, Saturdays, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesdays with Thursdays being my day to weigh in and stretch my body, and Sunday is my rest day

This weekend I plan on making out my exercise routine for the week, that way I won't have to guess what to do on each day.

I wish everyone good luck in reaching their goals this year and I look forward to watching everyone's progress and reading about your successes. Take care and may God be with you all.
  • sheri5734
    sheri5734 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hey all, wow great to see all the new faces and hear all the great stories. Let's make this our year for our minds and our bodies! I just had a great relief that was bugging me for sometime and now it will be less stressful for me so I am going to use that as a bonus to really uplift my spirits and get things going my way!!!!!
    I will weigh in tomorrow I totally forgot today I was actually going to do it and see if there was much damage done from christmas.
    I start a zumba class tonight to go along with my regular workouts so now it's just starting to log in my diary again,
    Good luck all and let's make this a year to remember!
    Sheri:bigsmile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Happy Friday my friends. Okay ... so last night I finally got back to the gym ... between Zumba and 20 minutes on the treadmill ... I burned 439 calories according to my HRM ... WOO HOO!!! You know ... my membership allows me to attend 3 different locations in my town and last night was the first time I was really grateful for that. I went to the Zumba class at the location I usually go to and it's so true ... the instructor makes the class ... it was the first time I went to a Zumba class and was very disappointed. She was a terrible instructor ... you would at least expect her to keep with the music right? She was more interested in herself in the mirror then what any of us were doing. I remember thinking to myself "If this is the first time that any of these ladies attended a Zumba class then they would be thinking "What's so great about Zumba?" and that broke my heart. If the instructor knows what they are doing ... it's just plain "FABUTASTIC". My favourite instructor gives 2 classes on Saturday so I'll hit one of those. Hope you all have a great day my friends ... it's so great to be back.
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Hey Maggie,
    I did my first Zumba class last night I really liked it, but your right it would make a huge difference if you didn't have a fun instructor.
    How did you log your Zumba class on here what did you put it under. And your Heart Rate Monitor where did you get that. That is what you wear on your arm right and it counts your calories for the day.
    Thanks and keep up the great work :happy:
    Sheri
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi there Sheri ... I actually created my own exercise and entered the time and calories burned that way. You could also enter it as aerobics I think. There are different kinds of Heart Rate Monitors ... mine has the chest strap and a watch ... from what I've read on the many forums on this site (you can do a search on Heart Rate Monitor and find all kinds of threads here) that is the best kind to get. I think you might be talking about the Body Bug that is worn on the arm ... they use them on the show "The Biggest Loser" but from what I hear there's a cost to using those ... some kind of hook up to the internet or something. Anyway ... I got mine at some sports shop ... can't recall the name ... was shopping one day over in the States and found it on sale. I love it ... tells me all kinds of stuff but mostly I keep track of what calories I burn.
  • sheri5734
    Options
    you actually strap it to your chest! Do you wear it all day or just when you work out? Cool thanks for the info I will start looking for one
    Sheri
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Happy friday. So I am soo motivated right now to work out. I got a new wii game. The Biggest Loser and can't wait to try it. Will keep you all posted.

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • magglett
    Options
    you actually strap it to your chest! Do you wear it all day or just when you work out? Cool thanks for the info I will start looking for one
    Sheri

Yes ... it straps around ... just below the boob line ... along the bottom of my bra. I don't wear it all the time ... I just like to know what I've accomplished when I workout. I know some people who wear them all day. I can't feel it when it's on. Good luck with your research.
  • magglett
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Happy friday. So I am soo motivated right now to work out. I got a new wii game. The Biggest Loser and can't wait to try it. Will keep you all posted.

Talk soon,
    Tanya

I love my wii game ... ENJOY!!
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Thanks Maggie I will start looking Monday :happy: I too have the Wii fit I just got the Wii active and plan on setting that up this weekend. I don't have alot of time to do it but every little bit helps!
    I finally weighed myself:sad: I am pretty much starting over but I am not going to let that get to me! I am focused and ready to go
    Hope you all have a great weekend I will talk to you soon
    Sheri
  • magglett
    Options
    Happy Weekend Everyone ... It's Sunny Out Today ... YAY!!! Went to do my 10:15 AM Zumba class in the gym this morning and my favourite instructor wasn't there ... so they called in the instructor that was on the other night ... you know ... the one who sucks ... so my friend and I left and went out for breakfast and vented a bit then we went to the other gym location and I spent an hour on the treadmill ... it was nice ... I watched part of a movie while I was walking. I feel great now ... it's good to be moving again. We did some shopping and I stopped and picked up a couple of movies and will enjoy sitting there watching them in my jammies with my hubby tonight. All in all I would say its a good Saturday here. I hope you're all doing well ... drop a note if you drop by.
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

Checking in late once again. So sorry :sad: Now that the kids are back in school and hubby is back to work, it's time to get back to my routine. Weighed in thursday at 152. That gave me a 1 lb loss for the week. No complaints here though. Welcome to all the newbies. These ladies rock. You have picked a great support team.

Had about 3-4 inches of snow fall here over the weekend. It was pretty for a while, but now I can not wait until the melt down. Weather man said it will be 49 here by Wed. I am really looking forward to that. It has been below freezing here for 2 weeks. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get down when it is too cold. Kind of fizzles out my motivation to be active.

Maggie how is that biggest loser game working out. I have really wanted to try it since I heard about it. Thinking of getting it this weekend. Does it give you a good workout? I'm so glad the new season has started back up. I seem to have more motivation when I watch it.

Well hope everyone has a great day. Take care all! Tonya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. Been very busy with my business. I am having a make up party this friday and am still not ready for it. Odds and ends still to do. Hope everyones week is going well.

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • magglett
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

Checking in late once again. So sorry :sad: Now that the kids are back in school and hubby is back to work, it's time to get back to my routine. Weighed in thursday at 152. That gave me a 1 lb loss for the week. No complaints here though. Welcome to all the newbies. These ladies rock. You have picked a great support team.

Had about 3-4 inches of snow fall here over the weekend. It was pretty for a while, but now I can not wait until the melt down. Weather man said it will be 49 here by Wed. I am really looking forward to that. It has been below freezing here for 2 weeks. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get down when it is too cold. Kind of fizzles out my motivation to be active.

Maggie how is that biggest loser game working out. I have really wanted to try it since I heard about it. Thinking of getting it this weekend. Does it give you a good workout? I'm so glad the new season has started back up. I seem to have more motivation when I watch it.

Well hope everyone has a great day. Take care all! Tonya

Hey Tonya ... I don't have a Biggest Loser game ... I have the wii fit. I think someone else got the Biggest Loser Game ... let me know how it is if you do get it.
  • magglett
    Options
    So ... I hope everyone's day is going well. Two more days 'til our weigh in. I feel fairly confident that I've been on the right track this week. Eating right, drinking water, being active ... it's all good. I do have my TOM right now but I'm still feeling good about weighing in on Thursday. Work has been much better now that we're fully staffed ... I'm learning all kinds of new things which makes the day go by faster. There's much less stress in my life now which makes it easier to focus on my health. Tonight I have some errands to do and if that doesn't take too long I'm going to try and hit the gym again. I love it there ... the treadmill has a tv and it has way more channels then I get at home. At home I don't really watch anything but while I'm walking on the treadmill I like to watch some sit coms or a movie while I'm there. Well ... gotta get back to work now ... good day everyone!!
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    OOPS:blushing: Guess that is what I get for skimming through the posts to fast. Sorry Maggie. Not having such a great day here. I have been hungry all day. It is only 4:30 and I am already 145 over my calorie limit for the day. I think TOM is on the way. It is about that time. I always seem to feel as if I am starving from a day or 2 before it comes until it ends. :ohwell: The treadmill and I have a date tonight so I think I will stay on a little longer to work off those extra cals. I am sure I will rack up some more before the day is through. Hope all is well with everyone else!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Hey Tonya,

I am the same way when my TOM comes. I was sooo hungry yesturday, I kept eating and eating. I tried to eat better stuff though like fruit and veggies. Hopefully my weight does'nt go up too much. I try not to weight myself that much when I have TOM.

Hahe a great day everyone.

-Tanya