Calories burned in a Sauna?

Options
My main problem right now is that I think I've got a lot of water-weight issues going on w/ the sudden change in my diet and increased exercise. Would a sauna help with that? I've also upped the amount of water I'm drinking by more than double.

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    No, and sauna, nor extreme heat burn extra calories.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Your body and muscles need that extra water for repair and energy. It's water and glycogen, not fat. The only way to ensure that doesn't happen is to never exercise. Bad idea. It means you're pushing your body to better itself. Job well done!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Not for sure here...but I would imagine that this will naturally work itself out over time. Seems like everything related to fitness is slow and steady wins the race, so I presume it works with water weight as well.

You could do some reading about water and sodium ratios, if you think it could be related to that, by chance. I don't know much on the subject, myself.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that wonderful little Veggie, theartichoke! I read your profile too. I am so impressed that you list "To promote a healthy lifestyle as I move forward into my marriage, understanding that my health-choices will affect his. " as a reason to get in shape and tickled that you also listed "So my ex-boyfriends can wish they'd behaved better. " Good for you!

You can do anything you set your mind to. It just take the will, dedication and determination. You can do it! I hope to see your 'skinny' engagement and wedding photos, next February! Good luck to you!