What do you do if you're really NOT hungry one day?

Options
Do you just not stress about it? I overate a couple of days ago, so I'm not particularly worried, but I didn't hit my 1200 calories yesterday only about 950, and I am not remotely hungry today, and I only have about 250 calories left.
I'm sure tomorrow I will be back to normal.
So like I say I'm not particularly concerned. Will my body just deal with it like carb cycling, which I guess it is an unscientific version of if I'm not being too specific?

Replies

• ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yep, I don't even worry about it. Usually I'm back to normal appetite within a day or two. Otherwise I'm probably sick, boo! :sick:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Cheers, that's what I was thinking. I mean I've got 70 odd pounds to lose, it's not like I don't know how to eat when I actually WANT to!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, as long as it's a short-lived thing.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    don't force yourself to eat. plus it's a pretty common notion that keeping your calorie intake inconsistent, you keep your body from getting used to what you are doing and make it work hard all the time no matter what.

so no, i don't worry about it.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress off it. Sometimes our bodies just do that. My goal is 1700cals a day and I hardly ever hit that, usually around 1400cals, but some days it's hard for me to get 1000cals in. I don't worry about it though. I still seem to lose pretty consistently.
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do you just not stress about it? I overate a couple of days ago, so I'm not particularly worried, but I didn't hit my 1200 calories yesterday only about 950, and I am not remotely hungry today, and I only have about 250 calories left.
    So like I say I'm not particularly concerned. Will my body just deal with it like carb cycling, which I guess it is an unscientific version of if I'm not being too specific?

If you over eat on Monday, don't under eat on Tuesday. The damage is done.

I use protein shakes to hit calories if I am not hungry. Easiest way to get extra calories is to drink them.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it often. 1200 is low enough as it is. Less than that can be damaging.

Have a handful of almonds, walnuts, or pistachios. Good for you and high in calories.
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just don't eat :laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    then you really are NOT hungry one day...

if it's two weeks consecutively in a row I would then worry...

but one day? chalk it up...cause down the road you will have a day when you are SO hungry...

it balances out.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I count calories weekly anyway. I aim for a couple low days every week so that I can have big days on Saturday.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I just don't eat. It will all balance out the next day or a day after.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I use protein shakes to hit calories if I am not hungry. Easiest way to get extra calories is to drink them.

This.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Thank you all for replying. Sometimes over analysing is a bad thing :laugh:
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Only eat when you're truly hungry. Period.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself what an infant would do in this case.

If they aren't hungry, they wouldn't eat.

If you consistently eat that low day in and day out - THAT may be an issue.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

The "clean your plate" mentality is what led to me being obese in the first place. I've finally gotten to a point where, if I'm not hungry, I don't feel guilty about not eating. My body will tell me when it needs to eat. I have a pretty hefty appetite as a rule, and I often have to bust my hump to keep it reigned in. If I'm having a day where my mind isn't constantly on food, I'm not gonna stress over it. I'm gonna enjoy the freedom. Unless it turns into an ongoing thing, don't worry about it.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    what is this "not hungry" thing you speak of?
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

This.

I am not sure I agree with the "damage is done" statement. You can balance out by eating less the next day, it's a matter of creating a caloric deficit over a time period, not just one day.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Thanks again :smile: I didn't consciously undereat yesterday because I'd overeaten the day before, I just wasn't hungry. It's a bit of a stress thing. I'm sure I'll be happily chomping away tomorrow. The thought of a protein shake today just makes me feel nauseous today. :ohwell: :laugh:
  • Trinityblade24
    Trinityblade24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One day over or under won't do anything...it's the WEEKLY totals that will impact one's progress. Appetite can vary day by day. That's the point of logging everything, to see TRENDS over time. Same goes with weight, it goes up and down on a daily basis so it's the trend of one's weight over time that will determine if something is working or not.