Hello I'm new to MFP

Options
Hello,
I am really excited about sticking to my weight loss goals with MFP. You guys seem like you have a great community who really supports each other. I am hoping someone can answer a question for me. I worked out this morning and logged the time and the number of calories burned on MFP. Why did MFP add the calories I burned during exercise to the amount of calories I can intake in a day?

I thought I am supposed to work out while keeping to my 1200 calorie a day diet?

Thanks . :smile:

Replies

• xannonz
    xannonz Posts: 40
    Options
    Don't get sucked into the bad habit of eating back the calories you burn just because it adds it, I know of several people that will burn just to be able to eat more.

Your welcome to add me as a friend and I would be more than happy to cheer you on!
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm new too....you can add me :)
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't get sucked into the bad habit of eating back the calories you burn just because it adds it, I know of several people that will burn just to be able to eat more.

Your welcome to add me as a friend and I would be more than happy to cheer you on!

Thanks.....good to know it's not a requirement....I have a hard enough time eating 1200 healthy calories.