Magazine Recommendation?

Options
What magazines do you like that are related to fitness for women, specifically cardio and muscle toning? I subscribe to Fitness Magazine, but there seems to be a lot of fluff mixed in. I'm not looking for anything hard-core because I'm nowhere near that point, but something in-between that has good workouts and articles on fueling for exercise without a lot of "pick your perfect shade of lip gloss."

Thanks!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I was always a fan of Men's Health... well for a while, then it just seemed to change to a platform to promote certain supplements so I stopped the subscription.

but they do have a women's version

http://www.womenshealthmag.com
  • JSMJSM
    JSMJSM Posts: 8
    Options
    I like Oxygen magazine.
  • Chicrider
    Options
    I love Oxygen, Muscle & fitness hers because they offer lots of good exercises to do in the gym along with proper diet information.There is also fitness rx.com which gives alot of good information too
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was always a fan of Men's Health... well for a while, then it just seemed to change to a platform to promote certain supplements so I stopped the subscription.

but they do have a women's version

http://www.womenshealthmag.com

Women's Health is ok - but I find an awful lot of fashion and makeup stuff in there. It's gotten...fluffier.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of that as it's by the same company as Mens health which definitely got... "take this supplement" take that supplement rather than sticking to workouts and healthy meals... Belly Off was the only feature I kept it for as long as I did.
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fitness RX for women is for sure my favorite!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mmhmm, Oxygen Mag is amazing.... I also like Clean Eating Mag for recipes.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see this topic. I really dislike a fitness magazine being inundated with fashion and makeup articles. I feel there are plenty other magazines out there that cover those topics.

I also didn't know MF had a "hers" side to them. That makes me very happy!