Introduce myself

Options
I am 48 from CT....Had 3 hernia surgeries and gained alot of weight especially in stomach...I changed my diet and was doing alot of walking but was gaining not losing. I need to have more stomach surgeries but have to loss weight first..
Frustrated...it is easier to have gastric bipass surgery but I am obess, not extremely obess...and with a mesh put in my entire adomen area I dont think any weight loss surgery is an option for me....

I am determined..

So went to plan B....I will sit on an exercise bike, watch tv and listen to my ipod and work out 2 to 3 times a day...keep count of what I am eating and try to lower some of the calorie and fat count...but not have to give up everything...
So far in 3 weeks I lost 9 pounds...I currently 219lbs and need to get under 200lbs, but I am 5'9 and need to get down to 168 for normal weight..If I get down to 170 I will be happy and from there keep tabs on what I eat and keep some source of exercise....

I do get tired and want to stop and take a break but I know if I do I will slack off and maybe give up....

What makes it hard for me is that everyone in my house is real thin..they are able to burn calories no problem. So what they eat I either eat alot less, or make some changes to my food or I eat something else. They really dont understand the challenge I am facing...

:smile: I am looking for support through all of this...I know I can do it and I am not alone....

Replies

• turquoise13
    Options
    Keep up the good work, you will get there! I have the same problem with family, they are all small. I somehow managed to be the bigger one. But what matters is that you are on the right track the get things done!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I give you credit for committing to riding that darn bike! I have one and dispise it! I am a walker. Really enjoy getting out for a nice long walk. I average 3.5 miles a day at a rate between 3.5 and 4mph. The only way to lose it is cutting back on calories and exercise. I have been on 1300 cals for some time now. Have lost 60 lbs, got 20 more to go. Add me as a friend if you would like some support.