5'9" women..

Options
fcp1234
fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
What are your goals?

Whats kind of diet and/or workout are you doing?

Replies

• 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    i am 147 and would love to reach that unattainable 145! i lift heavy weights 3x a week, yoga 2x a week, and zumba 2x a week! i eat 2000 calories every day!! yummy!! i love the plan that i'm on right now!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Inital goal was 150.. Ultimate goal is 140.. but I really like where I'm at now.

Lift weights 2-3 times per week and run 3 times a week.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My goal is set as 112 [probably more realistic that I'll stick to a 115-117 range since I like muscles more then stick thin]. I do Asylum/Insanity 5-6x/week, run short/fast miles 4-5x/week, walk the dogs fast 5-6x/week. I also occasionally pick-up some spare soccer games, go hiking, kayaking, snowboarding (when in season), etc.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    i am 147 and would love to reach that unattainable 145! i lift heavy weights 3x a week, yoga 2x a week, and zumba 2x a week! i eat 2000 calories every day!! yummy!! i love the plan that i'm on right now!

Im 148 now at 22% fat. My goal is 135lbs ( even though hubby said will give me the divorce papers if I lose more than 10 lbs haha). I am doing a 1200 calories a day for now until I get to 140, then will increase it. I would love me a 2000 calories diet lol.
  • dad106
    Options

Im 148 now at 22% fat. My goal is 135lbs ( even though hubby said will give me the divorce papers if I lose more than 10 lbs haha). I am doing a 1200 calories a day for now until I get to 140, then will increase it. I would love me a 2000 calories diet lol.

Not to hijack, but you only have 13 pounds to lose OP.. so why are you eating 1200?

I'd set your loss to a pound or half a pound a week loss, and then you could have a 2000 calorie a day diet and still lose.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    My goal is set as 112 [probably more realistic that I'll stick to a 115-117 range since I like muscles more then stick thin]. I do Asylum/Insanity 5-6x/week, run short/fast miles 4-5x/week, walk the dogs fast 5-6x/week. I also occasionally pick-up some spare soccer games, go hiking, kayaking, snowboarding (when in season), etc.

Damn you're a busy girl. 112 is pretty impressive.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    148 (give or take) right now, and I think I look great. I'd like to take off a few % body fat (I'm about 23% now, with a large bust), so I'm not worrying so much about weight. I have a frame that is directly on the line between medium and large.

I'm primarily a distance runner, so 4 runs a week (recovery, hill repeats, speed workout, and long run) totaling somewhere between 30-45 miles depending on the week. I do body weight strength training (weights are pretty pointless if I'm going to be running for 3 hours on Sunday) on my non-run days, and on the days that my recovery run is only 2 miles. Lots of squats, lunges, pushups, and planks (plus every variation imaginable of those moves).
  • fcp1234
    Options

Not to hijack, but you only have 13 pounds to lose OP.. so why are you eating 1200?

I'd set your loss to a pound or half a pound a week loss, and then you could have a 2000 calorie a day diet and still lose.

Because I was 138-140 before getting pregnant and I have tons of cute clothes I cant wear yet, they fit but they are tight. Especially my work clothes are expensive, I want to be able to wear them very soon..
  • luvnunity
    luvnunity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is 155. I'll take less if I can get there though! I'm not so hung up on the number though. Like OP said, it's about the pre-baby clothes which were size 6.
  • dad106
    Options

Because I was 138-140 before getting pregnant and I have tons of cute clothes I cant wear yet, they fit but they are tight. Especially my work clothes are expensive, I want to be able to wear them very soon..

Let me tell you a secret to weight loss.. the faster you lose it, the more likely it is to come back.. the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off.

Once you get down into the 10 pounds and less range, it becomes very hard to lose weight... and a lot of people on here struggle with those last ten pounds.

My suggestion again is, set your deficit smaller(250-500 calories a day) and do a combo of cardio/weights.. and I think you'll see the inches coming off and the clothes fitting better.. even if the scale doesn't go down much.
  • fcp1234
    Options

Let me tell you a secret to weight loss.. the faster you lose it, the more likely it is to come back.. the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off.

Once you get down into the 10 pounds and less range, it becomes very hard to lose weight... and a lot of people on here struggle with those last ten pounds.

My suggestion again is, set your deficit smaller(250-500 calories a day) and do a combo of cardio/weights.. and I think you'll see the inches coming off and the clothes fitting better.. even if the scale doesn't go down much.

Thank you for the suggestion.. I work out at least 5x a week, 3x weight training and 2x a week cardio ( at least 2x of cardio). This is my second week of 1200 calories a day. I am going to do it until my old pants fit ( which should not be longer than couple weeks the ).
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My goal was to be at 152, which was my weight before having my oldest daughter. However, I am down to 146.5, which is a size 6 for me. i am happy with where i am at size-wise. just working on toning.

i just started training for my first 10K, so here is my schedule:
    mondays: yoga
    tuesdays: shorter run (2.5-3 miles)
    wednesdays: 30-40 min cross training (i use jillian's kickbox fast fix)
    thursdays: 2 mile run, strength (i use jillian's no more trouble zones)'
    friday: rest day
    saturday: circuit training (probably no more trouble zones again, or kickboxing. i haven't decided which yet)
    sunday: longer run (starts at 3 miles, works up to 5.5. race day is 6.2)
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 140. More honestly I would like to be a size 6. My lowest as an adult was 150, and I was a size 10. I started weight loss at 173 size 12 and am currently at 161, still in my size 12. I found that I can work out all I can and see no change, but it really depends more on keeping my calories under control. I'm about to start some dance classes and yoga, and plan on lifting weights and doing body weight workouts a few times a week