Reward System????

Options

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well, I recently bought new running shoes. But, that was honestly more of a necessity than a reward. I still had clothing in my current size as well as the next smaller size (which I hope to be dropping into very soon), so no need to buy new clothes right now. I honestly haven't set a reward system up. But, you guys definitely have me thinking about it. Hmmm . . . .
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My ultimate reward will be a boudoire shoot for my hubby on our 5th anniversary next year. :blushing:
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself with some exercise classes I've been dying to try but are a little pricey :). I'm really excited because I will be starting them next month.. Why don't you reward yourself by trying something you have always wanted... like painting class, dance class, cooking class, amusement park, etc something you know you will love and you aren't doing it because you fee like you are splurging.. Trying new things is in itself inspirational to me and after I take my Extend Barre Classes my next goal will be to sign up for a triathlon ;)

All in all I am trying to make my rewards push me more into a positive direction
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am rewarding myself with Parasailing in Key West in November! I have a goal of 10 more lbs to lose, but I'll hit it!
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    REWARDS are just one part of the GOAL setting process. Goals should be SMARTER. The "R" is only one component and it's dead last (but still important).

S - Specific / Significant, Stretching, Simple

M - Measurable / Meaningful, Motivational, Manageable

A - Attainable / Appropriate, Achievable, Agreed, Assignable, Actionable, Ambitious, Aligned, Aspirational, Acceptable, Action-focused

R - Relevant / Result-Based, Results-oriented, Resourced, Resonant, Realistic

T - Timely / Time-oriented, Time framed, Timed, Time-based, Timeboxed, Time-bound, Time-Specific, Timetabled, Time limited, Trackable, Tangible

E - Evaluate / Ethical, Excitable, Enjoyable, Engaging, Ecological

R - Reevaluate / Rewarded, Reassess, Revisit, Recordable, Rewarding, Reaching

I totally stole this from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    When I hit certain goals I bought myself more fitness related rewards at first. Ten pounds down, bought a Bodybugg. Twenty pounds down, new excercise clothing. Thirty pounds down, proper running sneakers. Forty pounds down, gym membership upgrade (I go to one with a pool now). Fifty pounds is right around the corner and I plan on putting blue streaks in my hair for the Color Run. When I hit sixty pounds I'm going to get new sweaters and jeans for the winter, etc.

Everything is a reward though -- three flights of stairs without being even a bit winded, lovely. Still, I find it nice to have something to look forward to at each point. I also have some mini goals and non-scale ones that don't get rewards but make me feel good to achieve.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting my tummy and nose re-pierced probably when I hit about 160 (depends on the comfort level) Then a tattoo and new wardrobe when I hit my goal. I've been loving the idea of having a tat from my neck down my spine area to my tailbone though I'm not sure what yet.
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My smaller and 'daily' type goals don't really get physical rewards but when I make it to my ultimate goal, I know I'll be going to get a consultation for a breast augmentation. One of the things I lose when I drop weight is my chest. I go from a DD down to a very small B and my skin makes them look awful and deflated. I know that when I lose weight, I hate my breasts and I want to love them! So I'll be signing up for a new pair :)
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have set mini-goals every 30lbs. I am still trying to figure out what reward I will get for each mini-goal though LOL.

Even the reward for reaching my final goal is unclear. I have a couple of ideas...weekend camping trip by horseback (this won't work in the winter here), skydiving (also not a winter sport here), or whatever else comes to mind. I keep figuring that I have a lot of time to decide, but realistically, I am only 8lbs away from my first mini-goal.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I will be rewarding myself for each 10 lbs mini-goal, but I still haven't figured out all the rewards.
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't get weighed till tomorrow but as I have lost 23lb up to now ( some prior to MFP) and really stuck to it on holiday I got my nails done today. I was just going to pay for my 12 year old daughter to get hers done but I thought no you deserve this so got mine done as well.
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I haven't really given this much thought, but it seems that setting goals is a positive thing to do in ALL areas of our lives so why not here. I'm going to do it for every 10lbs that I lose but will have to give some thought to what the rewards will be. I love the idea of the bracelet but love the idea of giving the food even more!!!

Thanks for these great ideas!
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am not into jewelry or mani/pedis and my feet are super wide(regardless of my weight) so shoe shopping is always a chore.

I decided to get a few new clothing items for every 25 pounds lost. If I am doing really well with my exercising then I reward myself with new workout clothes or a new workout DVD. When I reach my goal weight (100 lbs down) I will be doing a pin-up inspired boudoir photo shoot and when I reach my muscle toning goal then I will be getting a half sleeve tattoo.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    ***Clothes are a big one because you literally cant wear your old ones.
    *** New sneakers are a must because you need good ones to exercise.

***When I get to my goal weight I plan of getting one of my tattoos touched up. Right now I have about a 6-7 inch sun in the middle of my shoulder blades but its just the black outline. I wimped out, I was young. I want to retraced and colored oranges, reds and yellows. To me, its symbolic of my journey and letting my inner light come out . Plus, wearing all those backless shirts, I wanna look nice. :)
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I haven't set-up a "reward" system yet. But I think once I reach 117-118 I'll probably allow some alcohol-intake and a pedicure. --> alcohol because that SHOULD be around the time I'm moving across the country AND it's around the time of my boyfriend's birthday, figure that'd be nice to be able to have a drink.

But I think anything from new workout clothes, to a pedicure, to new hiking clothes, etc. are good rewards --> or maybe a "cheat day" from the strict/healthy diet. ;-)
  • the_floyds
    Options
    My husband (who stays fit do to his job) doesn't know it yet, but if I am able to hit my goal weight I am booking the two of us a trip to Hawaii. We have been married 17 years and my goal weight is the what I weighed when we got married. I figured since he is the man who always said, "I will love you no matter how you look. I just want you to be happy." He deserves some of the reward for supporting me through this 63 lb. weight-loss journey. From there I will work on a reward for the two of us for "maintaining".
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It's really hard not rewarding myself with food, which is why I was looking for ideas. Back in the day, I used to reward myself with chocolate or sweets...that's how I got to be 327 lbs....not a good plan.

My first major goal is a place that we larger people like to call "onderland". When I hit 199, I will reward myself with a pair of Louboutins. I will have lost 128 lbs, so it is well worth it!

When I hit goal, 139 lbs, and maintain it for a few months, I will reward myself with plastic surgery....shocking admission. Try to lose 188 lbs and not have extra skin! I will reward myself with a new body.

Heather

Woop! Loubs, you go girl. Something to work hard for!
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Lots of people rewarding themselves with tats.....hmmmmm. I have thought of a tatoo, when I reach goal, that reminds me of where I've been and how far I've come.
  • TracyAnnHendry
    Options
    I have a bank & every day I stay within my calorie allowance I put £1 in. If I manage a complete week I add another £5. When I reach goal (about 30lbs to lose) I'll buy a really nice outfit. . . :0)
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I reward myself every 5 pounds, and it is usually something that I want at the time. This makes it really feel like a reward. When I hit Onederland my reward was an iPhone. When I got under 190 my reward was annual passes to Disneyland with hubby. I also tend to reward myself for just sticking with it because the loss is so slow for me, I have to provide myself with encouragement. CDs, books, running shoes, a heart rate monitor, those are all things that will be future rewards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!