Easy, Quick and Healthy Breakfast

Options
I have always had a problem eating breakfast, but I have been doing very well since I began logging into this sight. Oh, also I am a picky eater..... so this whole thing is a challenge. The cereal I eat every morning takes away a lot of calories, even with 1% milk so I am wondering what can I have that is fast, easy and obviously healthy? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• melanieann48111
    Options
    I use Arnold's Multigrain Sandwich Thins with a large egg on them for breakfast along with a smal piece of fruit. This morning I had some watermelon with it. I make the eggs up in batches so that I am able to pack them the night before work and take them with me. 170 cals for the entire sandwich and whatever additional you have for the fruit.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat my cereal with blue diamond almond breeze unsweetened vanilla milk only 40 cals a cup. I usually eat some sort of Special K, although I think puffed cereal gives you more volume for less calories.

Sometimes I get a 100 calorie english muffin and add a piece of fat free cheese and a slice of fat free turkey breast to it 140 cals for the sandwich.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I usually eat wheatabix cereal, a fruit smoothie, or corn flakes.

With 1 % milk, just don't use as much as usual.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I make a pot of quaker old fashioned oats and usually add fruit (bananas, apples, berries, whatever is left over) along with cinnamon and splenda. Easy to heat up and go, and 3/4 dry oats cooked with fruit and a splash of nonfat milk keeps my breakfast around 330 calories (depending on fruit used) plus I am full for hours. Another favorite is a whole wheat english muffin toasted with a bit of peanut or almond butter and some banana slices. That one has a few more calories, but tastes incredible, is easy to take on the go, and will also keep me full for hours! I find that when I eat foods in the morning that fill me up I snack less in the afternoon.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche casserole on Sundays so I have enough for the week just heat in the microwave for a min. I add spinach or zucchini or any veggies, cheese(you can use fat free), eggs, and nitrate free bacon or fat free ham. Mix it all up and bake for 45 min or so on 325F. I portion it out into microwaveable bowls and just grab one each morning. I also like fat free cottage cheese with frozen blueberries thawed and a little rolled oats.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine at work is bound and determined that one and egg and 2 pieces of toast is what i should do, i just dont think eggs at 5:30 in the morning is appetizing