Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yay! :love:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    im more about looking for a snack with high protein... you are welcome to look at my diary for today as an example...

i eat chobani yogurt with 12 grams of protein but i want alittle more in my snacks..
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I eat one every day during the week as a filler between lunch and dinner. I have tried several but have found my favorite is Questbar due to the fact that the ones I have tried are tasty AND they have no sugar alcohols.
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Life Choice high protein bars. 21g of protein with 16 carbs and 190 calories. They're good for on the go when I need a snack that's non perishable. They'er also fairly cheap compared to others.

http://www.lifechoicefoods.com/products/best-protein-bars
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Im looking to getting protein bars to fill the need of protein. im looking at some but want to make sure i get one with lower carb intake and higher protein..

some people say that protein bars are no good for a diet and only good for weight lifting for mass...

so 2 part question

is protein bars good for your diet intake?

which ones are recommended for lower carb and high protein?

Quest Protein Bars - Cleanest bar on the market and for the calories you get 160-210 cals, 20 grams protein, 17-19 grams fiber and about 10 ingredients. Some bars are all natural. Some use Sucrolose. Some Sugar Alcohol.

2012-07-08131050.jpg

2012-07-08131020.jpg

2012-07-08120525.jpg

2012-07-08130950.jpg

Agree. Great bars.
  • labrown17
    Options
    Quest bars are the best, they are the highest quality bars that have simple ingredients and few ingredients. I wouldn't recommend them all the time because they are expensive, but good for on the go quality bars!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like the quest bars and pure protein bars (peanut butter)
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love my Quest bars but only in a pinch, like if I am going to be driving for a long time and need a meal replacement rather than packing a real lunch or stopping at a restaurant.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    You should not make any of them a regular thing.

But when you need the convenience, Quest Bars have no competition. Get the natural ones.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you want to go with the bars, I found the Perfect Zone bars are way yummy. Almost like a candy bar. lol But or low calorie, low carb and high protein you might try the Dymatize ISO-100 protein powder.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I make my own every Sunday. Put them in container in the fridge and have them every night when I get home from the gym.

You can get some recipes from dashingdish.com and bodybuilding.com
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like them because they satisfy my "I could really go for a candy bar" cravings. Candy bar, about 200 calories and at most 2g of protein. Protein bar, about 200 calories and 10-15g of protein.

I eat plenty of lean protein that occurs in nature, too, but if I want a chocolaty snack, might as well have something that has some nutritional value.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I like them because they satisfy my "I could really go for a candy bar" cravings. Candy bar, about 200 calories and at most 2g of protein. Protein bar, about 200 calories and 10-15g of protein.

I eat plenty of lean protein that occurs in nature, too, but if I want a chocolaty snack, might as well have something that has some nutritional value.

This is how I feel about them too.
    I usually buy the Gold Balance bar- in particular the Carmel Nut.

Angie
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars especially when i'm on the go, I have to gluten free ones but they taste awesome better than regular ones.
  • TimeToGo1
    Options
    Have you tried Ostrim Jerky? Sooo yummy and 14g of protein, 80 calories.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2774110 (just for reference).

A lot of places sell them - GNC, Walgreens, Amazon etc.

Serving Size 1 sticks
    Servings Per Container 10

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 80.00

Calories from Fat 15.00

Total Fat 1.50 g 2%

Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3%

Cholesterol 25.00 mg 8%

Sodium 430.00 mg 18%

Potassium 650.00 mg 19%

Total Carbohydrate 3.00 g 1%

Sugars 2.00 g

Protein 14.00 g 28%

Calcium 20.00 2%

Iron 1.80 10%

** Daily Value (DV) not established

† Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
    your calorie needs:
    Calories: 2000 2500

Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
    Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
    Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg
    Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g
    Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g

Calories per gram:
    Fat 9• Carbohydrate 4•Protein 4

Other Ingredients: Beef, Ostrich, Filtered Water, Seasoning (Garlic, Corn Syrup, Onion, Soy Sauce Powder (Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Flavoring, Spice), Nonfat dry milk, Mustard, Contains 2% or less of salt, citric acid, potassium chloride, potassium lactate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrate, sucrlaose