Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SLOW WEIGHT LOSS!

I feel like I am doing every thing the fitness pal is telling me to do AND more. I'm not over weight but need to slim down, and it is not coming off! I never eat over the calories recommended and I walk for at least an hour every day. My stomach is not slimming at all. I need to know what needs to change. HELP?

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
    If you diary were open, it might be easier to help. :)
  • katemiller7
    katemiller7 Posts: 3 Member
    it is open now.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    First, how are you measuring progress (or the lack thereof)? You say that your "stomach is not slimming at all," but is that the only thing you're looking at? How are you measuring it?

Second, you aren't tracking sodium on your log, but I would guess that it's through the roof based on what you're eating. I see a lot of frozen foods and prepacked snacks; those things are often sodium bombs. If you're eating a lot of sodium, you will likely hold water weight.

Third, what's your height and weight? A lot of people are probably about to come in here and tell you that you're not eating enough. Unless you're quite short, sub-1200 calories per day is probably not the best idea.
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 56 Member
    Eat more, eat more, eat more! You're not eating enough!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    dont get mad at the results youre not getting from the work you're not doing.

if you think that being that close to your goal weight and doing a little of the lightest possible exercise ever is enough to change your body, you are sorely mistaken.

Where's the hard core sweaty proof of effort?
    Where's the sacrifice?
    Where's the public declaration of your goals?
    Where's the need to be brave and stand up and go for it?
    Where's the fear, the drive?

All I see is - im going for walks and not getting a trim tum :(

There's no keen pulsating desire for change in there.

Its just.... ho hum

PROVE YOU WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD or be satisfied with mediocre results from minimal labor.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Agree with above ^^^^ poster and after looking at your diary it looks like your calories may be too low. You many want to educate yourself on metabolism and calorie intake - don't just assume that by eating less calories you'll shed weight. Good luck!
  • I have similar problems....I'm great with exercise and eat within my goal calories (generally....) and I think it is going to take much longer to lose the weight because I'm really only 5-10 pounds overweight. Its not easy...keep trying!
  • cqueenbee12
    cqueenbee12 Posts: 48 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    dont get mad at the results youre not getting from the work you're not doing.

if you think that being that close to your goal weight and doing a little of the lightest possible exercise ever is enough to change your body, you are sorely mistaken.

Where's the hard core sweaty proof of effort?
    Where's the sacrifice?
    Where's the public declaration of your goals?
    Where's the need to be brave and stand up and go for it?
    Where's the fear, the drive?

All I see is - im going for walks and not getting a trim tum :(

There's no keen pulsating desire for change in there.

Its just.... ho hum

PROVE YOU WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD or be satisfied with mediocre results from minimal labor.

I think I needed to read this today. Help me find my motivation again.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    rwisner wrote: »
    Eat more, eat more, eat more! You're not eating enough!

This is wrong for weight loss, if OP wasn't eating enough they'd be losing weight. Weight loss is achieved by eating less than you burn.