chicken enchilada recipe

Options
Okay this is my first post....yeah me!

Anyone havea good chicken enchilada recipe???? I was going to make some tonight, but I am not the best cheif and I suck at cooking meat (I always worry about under cooking my meat so I end up over cooking it).

Replies

• phollywood8785
    Options
    You could prob go to foodnetwork.com....O yea how do you post on here? lol i cant figure it out
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well, the great thing about chicken enchiladas is that the chicken is shredded. Cut it into small pieces; like 2" or so, thin. Should cook up in 5 minutes. If you are unsure, just rip open a piece and make sure the pink is gone. As long as all the pieces are about the same size, they will all cook in the same amount of time.

Season before cooking so it is very flavorful!

Shred the chicken. set aside.

Take the tortillas and heat in a little oil, literally like a tsp in the pan (so they become rollable). Dip in canned enchilada sauce, fill with chicken and roll. Place in baking pan, seam down. Sprinkle with low fat cheese and bake until melted.

DONE! and delicious!
  • wannabsimpson
    Options
    I just made these the other night!! I cooked to skinless, boneless chicken breasts in a frying pan with Pam. When they were done, I shredded the chicken and added 2/3 can of Old El Paso enchilada sauce. I placed the mixture in Fat free tortillas, rolled them up and placed them seam side down in a baking dish. Then pour the remaining can of sauce, plus one full can of sauce over them, top with low fat mexican style shredded cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. I served it with low fat sour cream, sliced red and yellow peppers (raw), and sliced avocado. They were really tasty and my husband loved them!! Good luck.
  • lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i hear this is delish! its on my menu for this week.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=65679
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    If you don't like cooking meat, you can pick up one of those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store - they're really good in chicken enchiladas and add a lot of flavor.
  • jackie253
    Options
    thank you guys!!