Cleaning Day?

Options
Do you guys log your cleaning days? Like on my deep cleaning days where I clean for 6 hours (I have 2 kids who love to "help") do you log that in your exercise?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    no
  • jcrist10
    jcrist10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have not tried logging in cleaning. But you may want to see if it comes up under cardiovascular exercise. I found mowing the lawn and logged in 15 minutes. Not much, but worth some calories ...
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    yes i have if Im washing walls and scrubbing bathroom and floors yes
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    It is under Cardio. I work up a sweat (I work really hard to make it exercise because otherwise I don't have time to work out). And my cleaning days are usually days where I don't go on my run.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I dont add my cleaning.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you set up your profile as "sedentary" I would definitely log it (I do!).
    I would not eat back all calories though because sometimes they sound a little on the high side. But if it is out-of-the-ordinary cleaning I log it.
  • 2BaFeather
    2BaFeather Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work in a kitchen, so when I am pulling apart equipment and scrubbing it I count that
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Just change your settings to lightly active (or up one level from what you are) you you spend a majority of the day doing more than usually.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't add it, because I do it every day. I spend all day every day tidying and cleaing and washing and scrubbing and trying to keep up with 3 kids. The days where I do wash floors etc. don't seem any harder then a normal day.

The only thing I log is mowing the lawn because that is a workout. I end up dripping with sweat and tired....I derserve to log that lol.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    ok I feel like a cheater now. :)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    If it keeps my heart rate up and is not like normal weekly cleaning then I would wear my hrm and log it.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This topic has come up repeatedly and every time there are multitudes of "yea" and "nay" answers. There are those who log it every time and those who say you never should.
    I think it depends on the cleaning done (intensity) and your activity level. Light cleaning and general tidy up isnt going to burn many calories. Moving furniture, climbing ladders to wash a houseful of windows, running a carpet steamer or floor buffer/waxer uses more calories. If you are a sedentary person I imagine that the calories burned cleaning are higher than if you simply sat at your desk or on the couch. If you regularly participate in workouts or strenuous work, most people don't log them.
    Myself, as a disabled person, when I do more serious cleaning like I mentioned above, you bet I log it. Some days I cant walk through the house, much less move furniture and steam the rugs, so ANY movement is better than none.
    Its up to you but be prepared for endless posts by people who think they know THE right way to exercise, log, etc and will tell you how wrong you are if you dont do what they think is right. Its up to you, your fitness level, activity level and what you do as house cleaning.
    :flowerforyou:
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes when its big cleaning, not if it just a quick push round of the hoover. But when its something different I will be burning calories as my body isn't efficient.
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on the effort I'm having to put in. If it's just light picking up or laundry then I don't. If I'm trying to scrub my kitchen, while doing laundry, while my kids are running marathons through the house, then yes, I do. I also tend to have music blaring and dance while I'm doing all of that as well...so I'm constantly moving ;)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't log it because I was still cleaning when I put weight on so it doesn't really feel like its part of the changes I have made. I only ever log actual exercise I do. But it's entirely up to you, just because you log it doesn't mean you have to eat the calories back either.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    no

This. To me Cleaning is just a normal activity...Yes you're sweating but I think if you start adding things like this you'll end up over eating and hindering progress.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No I do not log cleaning. Even on deep leaning days I do not rush or work vigorously.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    This topic has come up repeatedly and every time there are multitudes of "yea" and "nay" answers. There are those who log it every time and those who say you never should.
    I think it depends on the cleaning done (intensity) and your activity level. Light cleaning and general tidy up isnt going to burn many calories. Moving furniture, climbing ladders to wash a houseful of windows, running a carpet steamer or floor buffer/waxer uses more calories. If you are a sedentary person I imagine that the calories burned cleaning are higher than if you simply sat at your desk or on the couch. If you regularly participate in workouts or strenuous work, most people don't log them.
    Myself, as a disabled person, when I do more serious cleaning like I mentioned above, you bet I log it. Some days I cant walk through the house, much less move furniture and steam the rugs, so ANY movement is better than none.
    Its up to you but be prepared for endless posts by people who think they know THE right way to exercise, log, etc and will tell you how wrong you are if you dont do what they think is right. Its up to you, your fitness level, activity level and what you do as house cleaning.
    :flowerforyou:

best answer by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't log cleaning ever. I cleaned when I was fat same as I do now. Regular life activities don't get logged for me.