cherry tomatoes

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
What should I do with this huge bucket full of cherry tomatoes I have? Any good ideas?

Replies

• Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Crockpot them with some italian spices and make a nice sauce?
  • anna9102
    anna9102 Posts: 56
    Options
    Fry them with a tiny bit of olive oil, some salt and pepper and serve on toast or Riveta.. Delish!!
  • misschrissy18
    Options
    Diced with a bit of onion, basil, and a splash of EVOO... bruschetta. I like to top my chicken with it.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Cook with diced chicken and white wine and make a low cal cream sauce to serve it with, add some spinach and serve with small portions of pasta or brown rice? Oh and don't forget the garlic!
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GREEK SALAD! :D
  • Rheenz
    Rheenz Posts: 23
    Options
    Do this... but add Feta
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ours went crazy this year and I have used them to make sauces as well as make salsa out of them. You can do anything with cherry tomatoes, basically, that you do with others - just a bit more tedious. : )
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Dry them. One way to do this: http://www.cookyourdream.com/2011/11/oven-dried-cherry-tomatoes-and-new.html

There's other ways if you Google including sun drying.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can keep all of these ideas!!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I eat them plain :) My mom serves them as an appetizer, like where you keep the bags of chips, etc.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    make tomato sauce or salad with tomatoes, paprika and cucumbers. my mom is sending me some in the morning. Can't wait. I eat them as snacks