I'm New to myfitnesspal.com

Options
:happy: I joined myfitnesspal.com back in June.
I am preparing for gastric bypass surgery and my
date has been set for September 11. I am so
excited, so far I have lost 28 pounds just from using
myfitnesspal.com to help me track my calories and
what I'm eating. Thank you myfitnesspal.com for
such a wonderful tool. It is helping become a
whole new person.

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Hope your surgery goes well! Lot's of good support here. Make some friends! You can add me if you would like.
  • nuphan
    nuphan Posts: 12
    Options
    Good for you. I've been on mfp on and off for a couple of months. But keep going
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you with surgery!

Congrats for your weight loss so far! Keep up the hard work!
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss so far & add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss so far :D add me if you'd like :)
  • ksouthards
    Options
    It does help SOO much to track calories and exercise. I recently realized I only ate 500 calores one day - and that's not good either - but at least the lack of food is not killing me! lol
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    good luck with that surgery later and add me if you'd like, I log every day and will help in supporting you, although I had a bad day today, so don't hold that against me, lol!
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Would love to add you to my support group..:love:
  • kasmusic3PA
    Options
    I know I have been under my calorie count several times. But I have to stay at 1200. On Tues. I start my two week protein shakes and 64 oz. of liquids so I will be ready for my bariatric surgery. Keep up the good work.
  • kasmusic3PA
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Keep up the good work you are doing.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ABOARD!
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! Talk about doing everything right! I know with this commitment, you are going to do very well with your surgery. I'm holding you close in my heart.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I commend you on your upcoming surgery~that's a big deal! I wish you all the best and if I can encourage you, feel free to add me!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Though I never liked tracking, this site makes it soooooo much easier than say weight watchers. It's really brilliant the way this thing works..... it makes things fun!
    And lord knows, I need to track because I can rationalize bites, licks and tastes til the cows come home- I guess that pun was intended!! Its really good to be accountable through the tracking process it what I'm saying, because i will otherwise
    not be accountable.
    And the other thing I'm learning- if its in my house, I will eat it. So, my process starts at the store.
    It is wonderful to have a community to come back to who are all working this thing.

WELCOME and good luck with your surgery!!

Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • jbhavana
    jbhavana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Its BJ and I am using this site from last 15- days and I can control my eating habits and motivate myself for exercise its easy. thank you so much.