i know its awful but ..... critique my diary plz

Options
So I've stopped losing weight and its probably due to my diet ... So any help appreciated. I know its terrible!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    height? weight? sex?
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'4 .. 130 .. female
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You look to estimate your calories a lot and you also look to eat out a lot. I'm guessing that you are underestimating your calorie intake. Do you use a food scale? At home that can help. In restaurants, the calorie counts given are generally low estimates based on a specific serving size, but the serving size can vary by restaurant or by person who makes/serves the food.

And how long have you been at the same weight? When you are close to goal, weight loss will be a lot slower.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Where's the fruit and veg and proper food?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're logging correctly, you are not eating enough. MFP already has a deficit built in, it is not necessary nor 'good' to add your own deficits on top of this. Eat closer to your goal number...watch the progress happen.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    So I've stopped losing weight and its probably due to my diet ... So any help appreciated. I know its terrible!

You already know about the bad food choices ;) The less processed foods you eat, the easier you'll find it to lose weight. Your sodium is through the roof and you're probably not drinking enough water hence your body is holding onto all it can.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options

You already know about the bad food choices ;) The less processed foods you eat, the easier you'll find it to lose weight. Your sodium is through the roof and you're probably not drinking enough water hence your body is holding onto all it can.

Honestly the actual choices of your food I think have a lot less to do with it...to lose weight, nutrients are not a requirement. It helps you be more healthy, but it will not PREVENT weight loss. You eat under your goal by at least 500 calories almost every day, if not more. That is the problem...drinking water and sodium...is just water weight and losing that means little anyhow, assuming you want to look good.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Oy really like ketchup, dontcha?? ;)
  • JustMagpie
    JustMagpie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well not terrible! One thing to note is the sodium. Chose something else instead of katchup! Like salsa. To me that is a diet breaker. So much has sodium. In anything natural. even.

Patatoes can be high calories. That might be worth watching. Protien is good to watch also. Compare protien to carbs, Try to get more protien then carbs!

Barbara

BTW good logging!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Honestly the actual choices of your food I think have a lot less to do with it...to lose weight, nutrients are not a requirement. It helps you be more healthy, but it will not PREVENT weight loss. You eat under your goal by at least 500 calories almost every day, if not more. That is the problem...drinking water and sodium...is just water weight and losing that means little anyhow, assuming you want to look good.

I have to disagree, wandering around with the uncomfortable feeling of bloating from too much sodium (or carbs/sugar/whatever you react badly to) is a depressing feeling that will keep you away from your goals.

You will not feel satiated by eating processed foods, especially too much simple carbs. That's why fruits, vegetables, good protein sources, whole grains and good fats are important in a diet. You can choose to have a, pardon the expression, junk food diet but it's neither sustainable because of cravings and hunger, nor healthy due to lack of nutrients.

ETA: Not to mention the adverse effects of too much sodium. At best, you'll suffer from elevated blood pressure even if it doesn't aggravate into something worse.
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cut down on your carbs. that'll probably give your weight loss the jolt it needs. if you're a total carbivore, try to keep it around 100 and you can still have some wiggle room for bread.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    First of all at 5 foot 4 and 130 lbs u should not need to lose that much weight. Thats my opinion. As far as your food diary goes, how about cutting out on some of the processed foods and adding in more fruits, veggies, lean protien and whole grain carbs.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options

I have to disagree, wandering around with the uncomfortable feeling of bloating from too much sodium (or carbs/sugar/whatever you react badly to) is a depressing feeling that will keep you away from your goals.

You will not feel satiated by eating processed foods, especially too much simple carbs. That's why fruits, vegetables, good protein sources, whole grains and good fats are important in a diet. You can choose to have a, pardon the expression, junk food diet but it's neither sustainable because of cravings and hunger, nor healthy due to lack of nutrients.

ETA: Not to mention the adverse effects of too much sodium. At best, you'll suffer from elevated blood pressure even if it doesn't aggravate into something worse.

That is not the problem clearly, if she is under goal consistently. I'd agree with the satiated argument...but she isn't eating too many calories. I also agree with health regarding micronutrients...but the question here is about losing weight. Going for a protein goal of .8g - 1g per lb of body weight would be desirable for best results.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary but it seems you already know the issue, since you said it already, lol...& your weight for your height is fine really...
  • erxs17
    erxs17 Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. Because you are so close to a good weight for your height its going to be lots harder to loose the rest! Also skip the biscuits and any white carbs and go for a slice of whole grain bread. And I second everyone else, veggies and less processed food. Look at the sugar in the things that you are eating. hope that helps I'm in the same boat!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    Also @xarge, not to put you on the spot, but look at your diary...you are hitting your goals and exceeding them slightly in many cases. I bet you have no problem losing still, am I right? Just making the point...that it is important to be close to your goals, not under by several hundred. Also the fact that OP is close to goal weight most likely, being that height/weight, I would consider setting MFP to a loss rate of .5lb/week, you will most likely get better results doing it slow and steady with where you are at.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    And of course I am not saying she SHOULDN'T try to eat healthier choices, to be clear. But I do not think that is WHY she is not losing weight.
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Where are your green leafy veggies and fruit? :smile:
  • viceversah
    Options
    Its not your calories so much, but the food you are eating. Also, if you in a hurry for weight loss, try low carb/intermittent fasting. =)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oy really like ketchup, dontcha?? ;)

Ketchup is awesome!