Wine

Options
Does any one drink a glass or two a night and still find them selfs losing weight??? I can give up sugar, carbs, soda, coffee but im having the hardest time giving up my wine at night..Im trying to drink tea instead but there's nothing like a glass or two of wine to relax me right before bed... Is it horriable to have wine while your trying to lose weight????

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of women who drink a glass or two a day and have no issues with their weight. For me though, it's insta-bloat. The only time I've lost weight in the past 4 years has been while pregnant (yes, LOST 17 pounds both times while preggo) because I'm NOT drinking wine.
  • OliveBranch
    Options
    I do! :)
    I try to moderate, but I definitely enjoy a glass or two after work.
    I'd say so long as you are staying within your calories and getting adequate nutrition, wine can be a part of
    a healthy diet.
    With that said, there is a potential risk to your health, as there are specific guidelines as to what constitutes a heart-healthy dose and what is potentially damaging to your body.
    Do some research, and like all things, enjoy in moderation!
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089
    P.S. I tried to reply and it marked my response as reporting "abuse"!!!
    I think no such thing of this post.
    Hmmm....this new system is strange.
    All the best!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thank you that site had a lot of helpful information..... Now if i can get my self to stick to 5oz of wine a night i should be good :)
  • Cuka120
    Cuka120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A glass or two of wine after work is my downfall too. I try to have other tasty drinks at home to drink instead - sparkling water with a dash of flavored syrup is a good one. I drink SO much plain water during the day at work thus I like something different when I get home. My goal for 2010 is to not to drink on "school nights". I don't always succeed, but I have to remember that I am trying to change eating habits that I formed years ago, so changing them will not happen overnight. So far I have learned that I sleep better when I don't drink wine in the evenings.....Good luck!
  • angelnik03
    Options
    YAY for this post! I'm a wine drinker too, and I always feel guilty having a glass. When I get really into working out hard, I don't drink as much but sometimes work is stressful and I crave it. Today I ate extremely low calorie (only 845 so far) so I'm going to have a glass to help boost me to 1200. And enjoy the Biggest Loser. :)

5oz here I come! :drinker: