having troubles with picking a snack....

Options
Sounds werid but its my 1st day and i am under calories...i skipped breakfast..i know thats a no no... i hardley ever eat breakfast i usaually wake up waaaay late... so...i need a snack suggestion...thats healthy of course...thanks so far so good i guess..lol...i just need to plan a bit more

Replies

• bambi5014
    Options
    If you truly aren't very hungry and just want to reach your calorie goal, try having some olives or light popcorn. Those are some of my faves. Obviously, I love a salty snack.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    If your always running late but want to eat some sort of breakfast try having some kind of granola bar handy!
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about you, but I like to enjoy a nice cup of hot cocoa for a snack at night. I have a sweet tooth, so I found a good low calorie recipe for cupcakes. Take 1 box of duncan hines devils food cupcake mix, add 1 can of diet soda (whatever flavor you choose). Bake as directed on box. You can also use Confetti cupcakes from duncan hines. The devils food are 80 calories and the confetti ones are 90 each. Good Luck!

Baked tortillas and salsa are good too!
  • taicherie
    Options
    I also like dry cereal any time of day so thats a pretty good snack on the go. also fruit is a good choice. apples r quick and easy too.
  • YoungJr42
    YoungJr42 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Drink protein shake!
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    I am not sure how you feel about this, but try 1 cup of baby carrots & 1/4 cup hummus, or some WW yogurt!! There are so many different snacks, baked chips ( like a serving )....just make sure you are counting calories!!
  • mayhem1969
    mayhem1969 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Breakfast bars, protein bars, heck, even candy bars are better than nothing for breakfast.
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    Try an apple with a few almonds or cashews, but stick to only about 10 nuts as they are high in calories but full of good fat and also a protein source. Yoghurt is also good - I add a few pumpkin seeds to it too, for some 'crunch'.
  • Canaday
    Canaday Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd grab a handful of sunflower seeds. Here's a list of healthy snacks I compiled from going through various postings. Hope this helps: veggies with dip
    popcorn
    applesauce
    nuts
    seeds
    crackers with cheese
    yogurt
    milk
    Hummus
    Dry Roasted Edamame
    Cheerios
    Yogurt
    Any fresh fruit/veggies
    String Cheese
    Laughing cow cheese wedge w/ Fiber Select wheat thins
  • tangledsky
    Options
    Bananas are the perfect "i-don't-have-time-for-breakfast" breakfast. They hold up well in a purse or bag, you can eat them relatively discretely. They don't get all messy. You don't need silverware. And they have just enough of the right kind of sugar to boost your metabolism and keep you going until lunch. Plus they are usually right around 100 calories which is a perfect breakfast serving.

If you keep a jar of peanut butter or tahini butter (sesame butte - much better for you) at your desk, you can up your protein and calories too, if needed. And, with a plastic knife, thats relatively mess-free too.

And lastly, they are inexpesive, unlike many other 'portable' and 'processed' breakfast foods.
  • Tracy79
    Options
    aww thanks guys...yeah baby carrots are awesome lol...trying to be postive here lol...pretzles are a good one too...THANKS!!! so much for the helpful quick snacks.....and good luck to all of u :tongue: