New and need some suggestions

Options
I recently joined MFP and I am struggling with adding in more fresh foods into my diet. Here are some pertinent facts: I live with my girlfriend (also on MFP) and her parents currently so we only have so much room in the fridge and pantry for foods. I hate nearly all fruit (darn my parents) except for apples and grapes. My skill level in cooking is fairly low as we are both learning to cook while trying to lose weight. I know I am at the beginning of my journey, but I could use some suggestions from people who are or have been in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know you said you hate fruits....have you considered a blender to make fruit smoothies.....don't go out to Dunkin Donuts and buy those....too much artificial sugar and stuff. Not sure what else to tell you. But eating fresh fruit, veggies will really help you .... the natural sugars are so much better for you. Try to stay away from white bread, pastas, potatoes, etc. Having them occassionally is okay; but don't pile up the mashed taters on your plate! LOL.

I hope you get a few more good suggestions. Take it easy; keep logging everything you eat and good luck~ :bigsmile:
  • DeanerOH
    DeanerOH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am working on finding some things that I can pack in a lunchbox and take to work with me. I work with kids and usually eat what they eat (National School Lunch foods), but I know that I could make some significant improvements with a little work.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I seriously hate fruit too. Continue doing what you are doing. Go online and find some good recipes to try together. :flowerforyou:
  • DeanerOH
    DeanerOH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been looking so that we can try to cook a healthy dinner or two.