Please, share fav low cal protein/post workout smoothie!

Options
just1jules
just1jules Posts: 26 Member
I am interested to see your favorite post workout smoothie drinks. My favorite ingredients are: almond milk, bananas, peanut butter, hemp chocolate protein powder, pineapple, strawberries. However I am open to new ingredients. I do need it however, to be in the 200-300 calorie range because I only leave that amount left for the end of the day. Thanks for sharing!!

Replies

• just1jules
    just1jules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • triplestepping
    triplestepping Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You could try yogurt, since it's a really good protein source and has the added benefit of probiotics. Goes really well with almost all fruits.

Other than that, I don't know, maybe experiment with different fruits/ brands of protein powder. Try a vanilla flavour?

My favourite smoothie for after a workout is what you described minus the pineapple and strawberry, and plus a little extra cocoa powder. Yum yum. I don't use protein powder much at all anymore though; I don't find it has much benefit for me at my level of activity.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    - Vanilla Protein Powder
    - 4-5 frozen strawberries
    - Milk
    - Ice

Blend and enjoy! Tastes like a strawberry milkshake :love:
  • sammyjo0009
    Options
    since I have hadto change my eating habbits from proessed artificial everything to a natrual as my wallet can buy...I blend some ice one banana, three strawberries, a handfull of blueberries and an occasional apple together and it is the best smoothie. I am restricting my dairy intake so I omit the yogurt.