Detox & Cleanse

Options
I just purchased Jillian Michaels Detox & Cleanse. Can anybody tell me about detoxing and cleansing.It also has a Probiotic replenishment. Thought I needed help anyway I can get it. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    They will cleanse your wallet, that is about it :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    THIS. Hopefully there's refund policy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • audreanna76
    Options
    The best and cheapest way to cleanse your body from impurities is to drink lots and lots of water...
    but I hope you get what you paid for. Good luck.
  • deborah0123
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels as a trainer, but I can't believe she is selling that cr*p. Your body cleanses itself, you don't need a "magic pill."
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Sorry, not a cleanse believer. Eat healthy foods, and drink plenty of fluids, and your body will naturally cleanse itself every single day. Potions and powders from famous fitness "gurus", unfortunately, won't help.
  • deborah0123
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I didnt pay that much..It was on sale at CVS for 19.95. When I got up to the cash register I was only charged 9.99 and had a 5 dollar coupon..I feel I got off lucky since the advice I am getting is not worh even the 5 dollars:)))) Thanks all
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Can anybody tell me about detoxing and cleansing.
    Yeah, I detox and cleanse every day!!!

I was born with a liver, it was designed for detoxing and over 45 years later is still doing a superb job. YLMV*
    *Your Liver Might Vary

As for cleansing, I have a fabulous 12kW shower which I'm very happy with. :smile:
  • deborah0123
    Options
    The best and cheapest way to cleanse your body from impurities is to drink lots and lots of water...

I do drink a lot of water. anywhere between 80 and 90 oz daily.. sometimes more. I had kidney cancer and had a kidney removed
    so my doctor tells me I have to drink a lot of water.I rarely drink anything but water..Thanks for the advice
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Also, looking through your diary it looks like you aren't eating very much. Are you on a doctor supervised restricted diet? If not, you may think about eating more to help your weight loss.
  • Pilotgirl86
    Options
    I do drink a lot of water. anywhere between 80 and 90 oz daily.. sometimes more. I had kidney cancer and had a kidney removed
    so my doctor tells me I have to drink a lot of water.I rarely drink anything but water..Thanks for the advice

Cleanses can be pretty hard on the kidneys and liver...you may not want to use it!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    if you want an inexpensive cleanser....buy some sugar free chocolate candy and eat half the bag, you will get all the cleansing you need and have enjoyed the candy...
  • Lina4Lina
    Options

You should check with your doctor about taking those products then. Although generally, over the counter herbals are relatively safe to the average person in small doses, anyone with medical issues should check with their doctor.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've done the Jillian MIchael's cleanse, too. I was skeptical about it, because I'd always been taught from trainers and nutritionists that the best way to cleanse is to eat clean and drink a ton of water for a week or two, and the liver and kidneys will do the rest. But it was on sale, and my coworker was doing it so I thought, "what the hell" and went ahead and did it.

My own experience suggests that what we're taught from trainers and and nutritionists really is spot-on. The only thing the Jillian Michael's cleanse did for me was increase frequency of bowel movements for about a week, and taking flaxseed will do the same thing and it'll be more beneficial in the long run, as well.

I've heard of other cleanses that are more powerful and more restrictive, but I can't speak to those from personal experience, but I tend to think they make you poo a lot and cause dehydration. Therefore, I'm a believer in detoxing naturally and letting our bodies do the work.

I hope this is what you were looking for...good luck in your fitness goals!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues with your liver and kidneys, send it back. These are your NATURAL DETOX AND CLEANSE.

As for the drinking a "ton of water for a week or two"...what a crock...You should be drinking plenty of water no matter what. As they say, a minimum of 8 cups a day...IMO if you hit 10-12, you will be in excellent status.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I had kidney cancer and had a kidney removed

I will tell you with the Kidney Cancer....You should stay away from promotional crap.
    I received a TON of medical training in the US Army.
  • Lina4Lina
    Options
    So you can also look up the ingredients of the product to see what is in it, I did.

I picked 3 random ingredients.

1) It is a diuretic (which causes water loss)
    2) It is a laxative
    3) Another ingredient causes liver damage
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    In my opinion, and from the most trusted sources, the body should cleanse itself naturally. Eat organic fruits and vegetables and drink a ton of water.
  • deborah0123
    Options
    Ok I have been doing the Jillian Michaels detox and cleansing.. plus metmucil and correctol ..and eating vegetables..and guess what nothing works
    this is embarassing but I can do anything and do not have a bm for almost 2 wks..I am having a hard time voicing this. but I dont know what to do..I drink lots of fluids..do everything..I think that is why I am not losing weight..I feel bloated...and yucky..sorry to ask something like this..it is something I dont talk about to anyone,, thanks in advance
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You go two weeks without having a bm? Have you been tested for Hirshsprung's syndrome? What about being examined for toxic megacolon? Two weeks without a bm on a regular basis is suggestive of some pretty serious problems. I strongly suggest you see your doc. I'd take copies of my food diary and a record of when bm's occur and what they are like.

I hope you are well.