Looking for senior weight loss friends

Options
Hi I am 62 have lost 40 lbs 2 yrs ago, but I have gained 12 back and feel miserable. I am doing weight watchers but read about this site and thought I would try tracking my food this way. Would love to share ideas with other seniors on the weight loss journey.

Replies

• Lois923
    Lois923 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am 61 and need to lose 70 to 80 lbs. I have a renewed interest in losing this weight. I would be happy to exchange ideas with you and give support where I can.

Kathy
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 66 and have been on for the second time since apri; this year. I'm one every day but haven't added any friends. Would like to however. Type 2 diabetic really getting a handle on my blood sugar this time around. Have gone from being pretty sedentary to exercising 6 days a week. Would love to give and get some support.
  • dllyon9783
    dllyon9783 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not able to lose the weight like I use too. Just turned 60 how do I get some metabolism back into my system?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    dllyon9783 wrote: »
    Not able to lose the weight like I use too. Just turned 60 how do I get some metabolism back into my system?

@dllyon9783, it's not mostly metabolism. Research suggests that that decliness quite slowly, and mostly after 60.

Mostly it's that as we age many of us gradually lose muscle mass (because we don't routinely challenge our strength to keep it) and our habits gradually and maybe subtly become less active.

Both of those are things we can reverse.

Increase daily life activity, do some manageably challenging strength and cardiovascular exercise, get reasonable overall nutrition (for health and performance), create a sensibly moderate calorie deficit (for fat loss).

Add patience and persistence, and I predict you can surprise yourself with the changes you'll see in a few months.

Best wishes!

P.S. I'm 68. I'm not speculating, I'm reporting from experience. ;)