FOOD and EXCERSIZE DIARY HELP

Options
I just recently (this week) woke up and decided to do something about my weight. I have logged for a couple days now. Can someone just take a quick peep and give me some advice as far as if I am doing ok for starting out. Also, I started the POWER 90 program on Monday August 13th. Thanks!

Replies

• jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, I'm also here in Santee. Your diary is not open so hard to advise.
  • Erin5381
    Erin5381 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fixed :)
  • Armenika
    Armenika Posts: 10
    Options
    I am sorry to ask this but how do you post a topic? I am new here and can't figure out, sorry (
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Overall you are doing pretty good. I would recommend tracking your sodium (you will be surprised at how much intake you have, esp. eating starbucks every morning). Sodium will make you retain water and weight so try to eat as clean as possible. I know it is not always possible to do that and we all like to eat out! Also, I would lose the caramel macchiato every morning. I love them too....my mouth is watering now. =) Try coffee with sugar free flavoring, small amount of sugar in the raw if you must have sugar and a splash of skim milk. You will save over 100 calories by doing that. And those calories add up over the week.

Also, I have a heart rate monitor (POlar FT4) to track my calories burned. I highly recommend one with a chest strap (they are the most accurate). If you don't get one just keep in mind that MFP calorie burns tend to be higher than what you actually burn. Good luck!!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great. Give it at least a couple of weeks of logging everything and see where you are then. Make sure you take the before pictures and measurements. That's where you'll really see the difference - the scale not so much..... Good luck to you!
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Je cherche des membres qui parlent français avec qui je pourrais correspondre.
    Je m'appelle Francine et je suis de Québec.
  • Pilotgirl86
    Options
    Looking at things it seems like you are making some great progress.

Personally, I've never been a fan of meal replacement shakes (as you are having for lunch every day) and its not something that I have seen to be sustainable in friends and such. You might want to think about other ways to spice up your lunch time (yogurt, salads etc).

Do you have a caramel machiatto every day? Switch to coffee with milk instead, and you can save yourself all those calories every morning, giving you more left for lunches. (a coffee with milk, not cream comes in at about 10 cals).

Breakfasts look great, but try having a boiled or poached egg, or something instead of fried (do you fry it in oil?) and that will be helpful as well.

The snacks you are eating look great! Lots of fresh healthy foods there!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance....

I would

Say Good bye to Star bucks every morning Skinny or not.. Need coffee drink black .. whats more important to you ?
    Say good by to fried eggs.. Replace with Egg white....

You are really carb'ing it up a little. I would lower that,,,,.. Replace salted almonds with whole natural ( ala no salt ) almonds.. Instead of counting how many ounces count the individual nut...

If I snack on almonds I usually only eat 25 nuts
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options

Ummmm What?????
  • audreanna76
    Options
    I'm no expert but I think you're over doing it on the fruit a little. Fruit is good...but so are vegetables. Remove 2 servings of fruit and replace with some veggies and they'll fill you up. Make sure you get a little protein in every meal. Whether it be yogurt, cottage cheese or meat. Again, I'm no expert. This is just stuff that has worked for me. Good luck!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Ummmm What?????

She would like some friends on here that speak french so they can support each other, like we all do in english. :) Her name is Francine, and she's from Quebec, Canada.

My problem is, I can read french, but can't write it very well. Funny how that works....
  • tidetevo
    Options
    Ummmm What?????

I'm looking for french speaking members to chat with them,:flowerforyou:
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Ummmm What?????

They are looking for members who speak French with whom they could correspond.
  • tidetevo
    Options
    Thank you for the reply, and the translation.
    I just start yesterday and it will be nice to have some help sometime
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance....

I would

Say Good bye to Star bucks every morning Skinny or not.. Need coffee drink black .. whats more important to you ?
    Say good by to fried eggs.. Replace with Egg white....

You are really carb'ing it up a little. I would lower that,,,,.. Replace salted almonds with whole natural ( ala no salt ) almonds.. Instead of counting how many ounces count the individual nut...

If I snack on almonds I usually only eat 25 nuts

This^^^

Also, if you must eat breakfast out try Subway, the English Muffin with no cheese, black forest ham and all the veggies you can get and it is only 150 calories.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    Looks mostly good but you don't seem to be eating enough calories. I have been told that even when trying to lose weight, to never go under 1200 calories/day. If you consume too lttle, your body goes into "starvation" mode which causes your body to hold on to fat even longer, making it much harder to lose weight in the long run...so try to maybe incorporate a salad at dinner or lunch with some veggies and some balsamic or something...and maybe some grilled chicken for protein:)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To post a new topic you need to go to the forum itself.. IE click general diet and weight loss in the
    Message Boards> General Diet and Weight Loss Help > Reply to Topic line

or
    You need to click community > message boards to access the table of contents.
    Decide which of the listed forums your post is related to IE if you're posting a recipe it might best be suited for the recipe forum instead of the "introduce yourself"

once you pick which forum you want it in and click so you can see the existing topics in it you'll see the green "new topic" button
  • Armenika
    Armenika Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • Erin5381
    Erin5381 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks EVERYONE!! Starbucks is definitely MY WEAKNESS!! Yes, high calorie and priced BAD HABIT!! I changed my drink from a Venti-Iced-Quad-Non Fat- No Whip-Whote Mocha which is about 500 calories along with a butter croissant to the Skinny Carmel Macchiato and homemade breakfast or oatmeal/turkey bacon. I appreciate all the input. Some of my diary inputs are wrong (like when I eat toast... I don't use butter/but I'd rather over shoot than under). We cook the eggs in a pan with a small amount of "I can't believe it's not butter.... is that the same as frying?? I definitely have a new craving for fruits, but realize I could be eating more veggies :) I love me some raw veggies!! One more question I had was about the meal replacement shakes... I have drank them for lunch 3 days now, are they bad? I mean they fill me up and I am satisfied until my afternoon snack. EXCERSIZING!! Today will be my 4th day of Power 90. Obviously it takes time to adjust, but I have a problem doing push-ups... Does anyone else have a problem with push-ups??

Thanks again :)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the meal replacement shakes, but to each his own. I am not sure if they are a good thing or not.