P90X Ab ripper x.... does it get better

Options
I was wondering for those doing or done the P90X... I understand it gets easier with time... but I feel like fish out of water... I can't do the workouts... or even finish them. I can't even lift myself from the floor with the cross legs-wide legs sit ups.....
Do you guys have any other ways for me to do for now untill I get better at it with time? I am trying my best to get through it... thx everyone.

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    like any other muscle group, the stronger your core gets the easier it will get. If it ain't hard it ain't worth you doing anyways!
  • nikky110
    nikky110 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    like any other muscle group, the stronger your core gets the easier it will get. If it ain't hard it ain't worth you doing anyways!

I know the stronger the core the easier it gets... But as of right now.. my core isn't strong enough for me to do the ab ripper the way I would at least be able to get through the workouts. I am asking if there is any easier way to do the workouts until my core get stronger.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    it get better!! just do what u can !!!:sad: i hate mason twisttttttttt:sad:
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Take it slow; if you need a break, pause the DVD and when you're good to go again then keep going. There's no 'easy' way to do it, it's not meant to be easy.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do crunches or leg lifts during the exercises you absolutely can't do.
  • nikky110
    Options
    UGGGHHHH I hate everything about ab ripper lol
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with the program to offer an alternative or easier variation, but I'm certain there must be.

There is at least one P90X group in Groups, I would pose the question there.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Do your best and forget the rest! ;)
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    UGGGHHHH I hate everything about ab ripper lol

I used to feel this exact same way - and now ab ripper is my bit** :) It doesn't get easier but you get stronger. Hang in there!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Take it slow; if you need a break, pause the DVD and when you're good to go again then keep going. There's no 'easy' way to do it, it's not meant to be easy.

^This.^
    I love P90x. Luckily though I started with 30 day shred and THEN did P90x. I felt like it got me a little prepped for it. If I went into P90x cold turkey I would have been really bad!
  • fitnessgal1318
    Options
    Ab ripper X is a killer!! Don't get down on yourself...this is one hard workout! Try to do a few or even one (if thats all you can do) of each exercise to start with correct form and then work on building your reps. You will get stronger over time. Keep at it!!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get easier! You just get stronger!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90X and I'm on middle of month two...things do get better! Today was the first time ever....I was able to do 20 mason twists the "right" way. Don't feel like you have to do all 25 reps of each move. You should be building your core other ways within the other workouts too in the program. Eating right will help too. Good Luck! Don't give up!!!!
  • nikky110
    Options
    Well... If I get stronger.. then it gets easier doesn't it??
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was wondering for those doing or done the P90X... I understand it gets easier with time... but I feel like fish out of water... I can't do the workouts... or even finish them. I can't even lift myself from the floor with the cross legs-wide legs sit ups.....
    Do you guys have any other ways for me to do for now untill I get better at it with time? I am trying my best to get through it... thx everyone.

I do alternate ab work during those I struggle with. I do try them (even though I fail). My abs are my weakest spot. :sad: even when I was skinniest.
  • nikky110
    Options

I do alternate ab work during those I struggle with. I do try them (even though I fail). My abs are my weakest spot. :sad: even when I was skinniest.
    Welcome to my world LOL I also had the same thing when I was skinner.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options

If you ever finish a workout and said "that was pretty easy" then you wasted some valuable time...IMO...not telling you what to/and not to do. :)
  • Josee76
    Options
    In my first round of P90X I was HEAVY!!! I struggled through basically everything (I modified) so if it's any consolation... I didn't do ab ripper because it was BRUTAL..... I still came out of a 90 day round with a 30 lb weight loss and almost 25 inches lost..... It's when I took on P90X2 that I started seeing solid results when it comes to my core, because the whole 90 days is core and balance focused! Good luck with it.... time, practice and patience and you will get the results you are seeking!
  • nikky110
    Options

If you ever finish a workout and said "that was pretty easy" then you wasted some valuable time...IMO...not telling you what to/and not to do. :)
    You're right! But in the state I am now... everything is hard -ER LOL
  • Josee76
    Options

You're right! But in the state I am now... everything is hard -ER LOL

You will be fine! Keep at it and modify! :)