My new addiction

Options
Breakfast in a mug. Scramble egg(s), add sharp shredded cheddar cheese in coffee mug and put into the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds (stiring about every 20 seconds or so until it's done). Does anyone else do this? What's your favorite recipe?

Replies

• MerryJane1963
    Options
    Have not tried this yet but have seen it online quite often recently. Going to have to give this one a try. :smile:
  • Carmiel
    Carmiel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I've never heard of it. Maybe add some turkey bacon.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, turkey bacon would work really well - need to go out and get some!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    put some mushrooms and black olives in there yum yum yum!!!!!!!! :love:
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love 1 egg, Tabasco and an 1/8 cup of cottage cheese :smile:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Lately its chocolate whey protein powder..peanut butter and greek yogurt..and ice! Its a peanut butter shake..and when its so hot outside..its soo refreshing to drink :) and good for you too!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me... Will have to try it
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I used to make this. Eggs in a bowl, mixed with a pinch of salt, pepper and a few drops of sesame oil, a couple tablespoons of water, microwave for 3 minutes. It turns out something like flan, without the sweet taste.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    So I am so going to try eggs in a mug for breakfast!
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I use the Egg whites in the carton, very low cal, and use some vegies, like diced bell peppers, and a little cheese, hot sause, super yummy !! :love:
  • franbreaux
    franbreaux Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I cut up mushrooms and add in spinach and cook that first - then add in an egg and some egg beaters. I cook until the eggs are done. Very good. I'm dairy free so no cheese for me. :tongue:
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl's recipe uses Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges. They have tons of different flavors , sooooo good and easy! My 12 yr old son makes it for himself all the time.
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    OMG! I am going to try every one - all of your suggestions sound awesome!
  • ohso0randomm
    Options
    COCONUT...omg anything with coconut:) :tongue: :heart:
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do this too. Somedays I will wrap in a low calorie tortilla ,if I need a to go breakfast.
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    love it.... and would add onions green peppers and jalepenos
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    I do this too. Somedays I will wrap in a low calorie tortilla ,if I need a to go breakfast.

Double yum!
  • Spicydeene
    Spicydeene Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ooo..I could do this at work! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this in particular, but I always used to use a square (preferably bread-ish shaped) tupperware and microwave my egg whites in them so I had a perfect little egg white patty to top my toast in the morning.

This totally makes sense too. You could add a whole array of things, onion, maybe some chopped mushroom, a little tomato, basically a whole omelette lol
  • Maddielen
    Options
    This is my breakfast almost every day....throw in some spinach, a bit of cheese, oregano, a sun dried tomato or fresh chopped tomato....any vegetable that's handy.

What a great start to the day.

P.S. Make sure to use the same cup every day and rinse it immediately as the eggs get "cooked on" pretty quickly.