Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My new addiction

Breakfast in a mug. Scramble egg(s), add sharp shredded cheddar cheese in coffee mug and put into the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds (stiring about every 20 seconds or so until it's done). Does anyone else do this? What's your favorite recipe?

Replies

• Have not tried this yet but have seen it online quite often recently. Going to have to give this one a try. :smile:
  • Carmiel
    Carmiel Posts: 19 Member
    Sounds good! I've never heard of it. Maybe add some turkey bacon.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Oh yeah, turkey bacon would work really well - need to go out and get some!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    put some mushrooms and black olives in there yum yum yum!!!!!!!! :love:
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    I love 1 egg, Tabasco and an 1/8 cup of cottage cheese :smile:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Lately its chocolate whey protein powder..peanut butter and greek yogurt..and ice! Its a peanut butter shake..and when its so hot outside..its soo refreshing to drink :) and good for you too!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Sounds good to me... Will have to try it
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I used to make this. Eggs in a bowl, mixed with a pinch of salt, pepper and a few drops of sesame oil, a couple tablespoons of water, microwave for 3 minutes. It turns out something like flan, without the sweet taste.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So I am so going to try eggs in a mug for breakfast!
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Oh yes, I use the Egg whites in the carton, very low cal, and use some vegies, like diced bell peppers, and a little cheese, hot sause, super yummy !! :love:
  • franbreaux
    franbreaux Posts: 9 Member
    I cut up mushrooms and add in spinach and cook that first - then add in an egg and some egg beaters. I cook until the eggs are done. Very good. I'm dairy free so no cheese for me. :tongue:
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Hungry Girl's recipe uses Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges. They have tons of different flavors , sooooo good and easy! My 12 yr old son makes it for himself all the time.
  • mrsgoodwine
    OMG! I am going to try every one - all of your suggestions sound awesome!
  • COCONUT...omg anything with coconut:) :tongue: :heart:
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    I do this too. Somedays I will wrap in a low calorie tortilla ,if I need a to go breakfast.
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    love it.... and would add onions green peppers and jalepenos
  • mrsgoodwine
    I do this too. Somedays I will wrap in a low calorie tortilla ,if I need a to go breakfast.

Double yum!
  • Spicydeene
    Spicydeene Posts: 37 Member
    Ooo..I could do this at work! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    I haven't tried this in particular, but I always used to use a square (preferably bread-ish shaped) tupperware and microwave my egg whites in them so I had a perfect little egg white patty to top my toast in the morning.

This totally makes sense too. You could add a whole array of things, onion, maybe some chopped mushroom, a little tomato, basically a whole omelette lol
  • This is my breakfast almost every day....throw in some spinach, a bit of cheese, oregano, a sun dried tomato or fresh chopped tomato....any vegetable that's handy.

What a great start to the day.

P.S. Make sure to use the same cup every day and rinse it immediately as the eggs get "cooked on" pretty quickly.