Eat healthy at anywhere! ...just hold the flavour!

Options
Magnamus
Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
Any recommendations for good healthy places to eat at?
What do you order when choosing "healthy options" at a restaurant?

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Chicken caesar salad. Dressing on the side.

The cool thing is almost every restaurant has one. The bad thing is even the girls make fun of you. :(
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    McDonald's - grilled chicken southwest salad.

Family restaurants - eggs and fruit, with whole wheat toast (if any bread). Many have egg white omelets.
    Or... ask for grilled chicken breast cooked with no butter or sauces and whatever vegetables they have.

Steak houses - I order steak or chicken, and again asked for it to be cooked with no butter or oil or high fat sauces. A tbsp of olive oil is ok.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Pretty sure you can get chicken anywhere you go. Pretty sure there aren't any shortages of chicken in the world today. *shrugs*
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I guess my first statement of McDonald's doesn't qualify as good or healthy. However, if you find yourself there, I love this option. For 390 calories including the dressing and corn chips, it is a very tasty lunch.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    grilled protein and veggies
    burger, no bun, on salad.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Boston Market is fairly healthy... especially if you choose the rotisserie chicken. Just watch the sodium on certain items. Also stay away from the creamed spinach and the muffin.

If I go to Outback or Longhorn, I pick the Salmon with veggies or Trout with veggies. I order salad with dressing on the side or I just eat half the salad. I order burgers without the bun. I also found the grilled pork chops at Longhorn to be a great protein value for the calories and again pair with veggies.

Red Lobster's grilled fish with broccoli and salad (again dressing on the side) is another go-to for me.

In general, skip the appetizers. Order a lean protein with no sauce and lightly prepared, have a salad with dressing on the side and choose steamed veggies as your side.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    We typically end up somewhere that has a 'low-cal' menu like Applebee's, IHOP, etc. If they don't have a specific menu for low-cal, it's got to have at least online nutritional info or else I won't go. In that case, I usually get something from the kids menu or 1 serving of grain, some protein (steak or chicken or fish), and lots of steamed veggies.