website is www.noodle.com

there is a 7-day challenge
but I have never heard of this stuff.

Replies

• JaneDoughSanAntonio
    JaneDoughSanAntonio Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm bumping this because I'm curious, too. Has anyone tried these???

Jane
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    What is made of, plastic?! Eww. No thanks. Probably lacks flavor too. Blech.
  • Terryj20
    Terryj20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Never heard of them. So what the heck are they made of??
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes they are called Miracle Noodles made from soy...they come packed in liquid and when you first open them they smell sort of fishy, they need to be rinsed well then dried...I had some today with my Chicken Alfredo, the best part is they pick up flavors very well. Be it an alfredo, a spaghetti sauce even Thai (peanut sauce). I love them because the fill that pasta void I have with my no starch diet. I recommend anyone only buy one bag from a local grocery store or health food store before you buy a bunch. I have had the spaghetti, the angel hair and the fettuccine ones so far. Good Luck
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the website and there is no soy in them - they are made from yam flour. Don't know how that ends up being no carb, no calorie, but I'm thinking of trying some myself if only to use once in a while to replace my pasta cravings.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love them... use them all time. There are several brands, I get mine at Whole Foods and just at the regular grocery.
    They are usually right near wherever they have the tofu.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    FYI NoOodle and Miracle Noodle are two different things...

NoOodles are zero cal... and yam flour or gluconomate(Sp)
    Miracle Noodles are soy and 20 cals a bag -- so almost zero

I think miracle noodles are actually a little better texture wise but I like the NoOodle "rice".