thoughts on this one guy-ABS NOTHING TO DO W/ WEIGHT LOSS

Options
newfitTasha
newfitTasha Posts: 56 Member
Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this but I need some opinions and my friends suck at advice, mostly male perspectives please.
So there's this guy that I work with in the summer. We've known each other since last year and we've always flirted jokingly and we became close during the summer. He's always happy to see me, flirts and asked for my number last month. Basically we're flirty friends, its not like I'm a girl he just met who he's trying to have sex with.he's never made that type of move . He jokingly says "I love you" and stuff. He's already in college, and I'm applying to college this fall. He really wants me to go to the same college as him, despite the fact that we'd only have a year together (and he knows this). He has a reputation w/ girls, I know he's sort of a pig with them, but he seems different with me ( and I can feel it- not just b/c its ME I'm talking about). I know this isnt really a specific question, but I just want people's thoughts on all this ? Preferably males. You think we'd have a chance w/ each other in the future ? Although he's a couple years older ? is it possible that he sincerely cares for me- or will he forget about me in a couple of years?

sorry for the rant, feel free to ask any questions if I was unclear about anything

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I think he just wants to pop you sorry :P
    The nice girls have to be won over slowly.
  • newfitTasha
    Options
    hahah "pop" you
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Go to the college you want, not the one this guy wants you to go to.

Someday soon you'll meet a guy who will ask for your number and ask you out on a proper date. You'll probably meet a few of them! When that happens, you'll wonder why you spent any time at all dreaming about this fella.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You are young. You have your entire life and an entire world of fantastic(and maybe some not so much fantastic) men ahead of you. So, go to the school YOU want go to. Live your young life for YOU! One day dear, you are going to be settled with a family.

But that is years from now, and it would be so much nicer for you if you never had to look back on the years you spent waiting. Or the school you could have gone to.
    Now this could end up working, but if it does it's going to be on your terms. At your school. Doing what you want.
    He may very well care very deeply about you and if he does, you'll be worth any hardship he might have to endure.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    These are likely the last years of complete independence you ate ever going to have. Go to the school you want. Study hard. Party hard. Meet lots of people and learn about life. Live it up!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....

It smells like troll in here.

/leaves
  • rippedcutupabs
    Options
    NO I dont think you have a chance with him in the future. Its wise of you to ask us about it. I say, dont ever let the guy touch you. Go to whatever school YOU wanna go to. He'll only end up hurting you, sounds like bad news. What you think is "special" between you two is just your own natural feelings as a female. Save them for someone else. Or, don't. It's all up to you.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I know you said male perspectives only, but I did want to comment because I understand where your coming from, however, never base your life decisions on what some boy thinks or wants. Truthfully, the dumbest things I've done were always linked to some stupid guy. I've learned from all that now!
  • newfitTasha
    Options
    Hmmmm....

It smells like troll in here.

/leaves

:huh: this is a serious question
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i agree with the first reply. he's just tryna smash. you are no different from those other girls. trust me. definitely don't go to a college just because he wants you to. that would just be plain retarded.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    And what's with the ABS NOTHING TO DO W/ WEIGHT LOSS.
  • Big_Daddy6
    Big_Daddy6 Posts: 188
    Options
    Run away as fast as you can.........
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I know you said male perspectives only, but I did want to comment because I understand where your coming from, however, never base your life decisions on what some boy thinks or wants. Truthfully, the dumbest things I've done were always linked to some stupid guy. I've learned from all that now!

Ahh, but some guys (I'll admit...very, very few...) are absolutely WORTH doing dumb things for :).

To the OP...if this guy were one of them, you'd know it clear down to your left pinky toe. Go to school where you want...if it's where he is, make sure it's for the right reasons.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I think he is practicing his flirting skill. So enjoy and practice yours as well.
  • newfitTasha
    Options
    well thanks for the honesty everyone :brokenheart: :sad: :ohwell:
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    well thanks for the honesty everyone :brokenheart: :sad: :ohwell:

No worries. There are 6.7 billion people on earth. Roughly 40% of them are adult males. Go enjoy your life.