Do you log your fruit?

Options
I know with WW fruits and vegetables are free, but they do still have calories. Do you log your fruit on here? or No? Why? or Why not?

Replies

• bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If you bite it write it.... nothing you consume should be left out of your log.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log them because they have calories. A banana, for example, is around 100 calories. A small gala apple is 49. It adds Up quick. I also log my veggies, for the same reason (peas, for example: 70 calories for 2/3 cup).
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    If you are eating it - you log it. MFP doesn't have points. :smile:
  • happythermia
    Options
    Yes...because I eat the hell out of them. And also because they have calories.
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    No cos I hate fruit and never eat it

But if I did yes I would, they have cals and macronutrients just like any other foods.
  • dstackable
    Options
    Thanks for your comments... Even if you hate fruit lol Guess I will start logging it
  • lmeola18
    lmeola18 Posts: 35
    Options
    I log everything, good and bad. I just want to be honest with myself about logging so I can really see where my problems are and fix them. For me, it's late night snacking...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yes, the carb counts can be crazy on fruit.
  • vonigolden
    Options

I like that, I may have to use it. :)
  • vonigolden
    Options
    Late night is a real problem for me too. Sometimes I wish my appetitie wasn't such a night owl.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Of course! I put away anywhere from 200-300 calories a day in fruit.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't log my fruits or veggies is if it really is negligible. I use dill pickle relish in my tuna (since I don't add mayo) and it has MAYBE 5 calories a serving. I decided I would just work an extra 15 seconds longer on my workout than worry about recording that. Or tonight I was making lunch for tomorrow and popped about three grapes in my mouth. Ehhh...I figure I will have to get up and walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night anyway, that can count as burning off my three grapes. Other than that, that chick was sooooo right, if you bite it, write it. Otherwise, what other foods will you start making exceptions for? Success starts with good habits.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I log it. Fruit is fairly high in calories...which is NOT a reason not to eat it--- fruit is so nutritious and yummy! I'm not doing Weight Watchers....I don't follow their "rules".
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I log anything that has calories.
  • lehmann75
    Options

Agree 100%
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers gives you a lower goal to make up for all that "free" fruit.
  • shortnerdy
    shortnerdy Posts: 131
    Options
    I agree with the majority. Everything I eat goes into my food diary. Only medications are excepted.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yes i do. a calorie is still a calorie. but when given the choice i do log the "no sugar count" option
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat, down to a cheese cube.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers gives you a lower goal to make up for all that "free" fruit.

This..