When have you shown willpower?

Options
What is the most significant time you can remember fighting a food temptation? I'm interested to know.

Mine was just after I found out I have some medical issues, which made me start to really ruin my diet. A few weeks in, I decided I should really be doing the exact opposite of what I was doing, and so started to re-limit myself. So I got home from college a few days in, with nothing really in the house other than a large bar of chocolate. I brought it up stairs with me, and had 7 squares (around 140 calories) and just thought to myself that I'm not doing this again, I'm not going to go back around and around in that same circle. So I put it down and left it there.

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have to fight it every morning.

When I get into work, I go to a different building where the I get some morning caffeine. Most mornings I'm there shortly after they put out the muffins and bagels. mmmmm...warm muffins. Hard to resist, but I'm learning to!
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    I went to my cousin's wedding which had an open bar and I didn't drink! Saved lots of calories and it paid off on the scale that week.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love fruity candy and my BF usually has some kind of candy at her house. I was there a week or so ago and she had Smarties, my fav. I didn't take any, not one single peice (I could've had five for all she cared). This may seem small but if you are counting carbs like I am and one little roll has like 12 carbs...in one!
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Everytime I go to the grocery store and go by the bakery section I have to resist getting the pies and cakes and stuff lol
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    A couple of the women in my office like to have chocolate candy on their desks. Chocolate is my downfall. Every day I choose to not eat it, and now it's much easier to avoid it. I also allow myself only two pieces of Papa Murphy's delite pizza when we have it. I used to put away half the pizza. I still want more, but two is within my calorie allowance. (It's 2 pieces if you cut it into 8, which is what NORMAL people do. However, in Papa M's nutritional info, they say a serving is 1 slice out of 12 - so in effect, my 2 pieces equal 3 of Papa M's. I wish the food industry would be more realistic about portions!)
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There were cookies in the breakroom yesterday. I skipped them. Told myself if the sourdough bread was still there at lunch, I could have some. At lunch, there were also leftover pasta salads, and sandwiches, which I skipped. I did have my bread and butter, but only a little. In the past, I'd have had 3-4 pieces; only had two which were 2"x3"x.5" total size each. I love bread.
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know that this was the 'most' avoidance of temptation, but this was recent. We had a meeting around dinner time, and our boss ordered some DELICIOUS barbecue that was catered. The had all kind of delicious foods.

There was this HUGE tin of Mac and cheese which is my all time favorite food. There was also tons of sweats, and I was just drooling.

So i had a grilled chicken quarter, and ONE bit of mac and cheese, and when I got home, I heated up some green beans.